As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

My Tubes are Clogged!

Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
edited December 2006 in Help / Advice Forum
Internet Tubes, that is. I dont know what it is, but durring my online games I continue to go link dead and lose the server, Teamspeak continues to drop/fade out, and websites, even google are taking forever. Currently I have a Networkcard leading to the PC, which then goes into a wireless router, which then goes into the modem, and then to the wall. I didn't set up the router or so Im lost. Can you guys help me diagnose this issue?

Lucky Cynic on

• Options
    DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Stupid but entirely necessary question: have you power cycled all of your networking equipment? That is, have you unplugged everything for like 10 minutes or so?

Dusda on
    and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Not quite 10min, per se, but yeah, I have tried them all.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    TheBurritoManTheBurritoMan Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Go to broadbandreports.com and click on tools, run the Tweak test, see if that gives you anything.

TheBurritoMan on
    lawl0mo.gif
  • Options
    SuperunknownSuperunknown Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Umm... spyware?

Superunknown on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Umm... spyware?

I dont know of any spyware that fucks up the actual connection, but I will rescan all over again. I have a friend coming over to check to see what the problem is.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Okay, here's an update on my situation, my friend bailed on me for this weekend and I cannot play any online games or surf much of the internet with a slow ass connection. Are there any other suggestions as to what to do in this situation? I already tried broadbandreports and the tool locks up on me.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    ZeonZeon Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Okay, here's an update on my situation, my friend bailed on me for this weekend and I cannot play any online games or surf much of the internet with a slow ass connection. Are there any other suggestions as to what to do in this situation? I already tried broadbandreports and the tool locks up on me.

How long did you let it run for? If i remember right it takes a long time.

Also have you tried changing the band your wireless router operates on? Maybe one of your neighbors just got a new cordless phone thats fucking with it, or they got a super high powerful microwave.

Zeon on
    btworbanner.jpg
    Check out my band, click the banner.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Zeon wrote:

Also have you tried changing the band your wireless router operates on? Maybe one of your neighbors just got a new cordless phone thats fucking with it, or they got a super high powerful microwave.

I tired it twice and the results weren't able to come to a conclusion. I dont know anything about bands or what my router is set to. I should have probably noted that this is a wireless router with a 400ft radius.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    aesiraesir __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    have you tried bypassing the router?

Have you called your boradband provider?

Have you tried a second computer (if possible)

aesir on
  • Options
    ZeonZeon Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Zeon wrote:

I tired it twice and the results weren't able to come to a conclusion. I dont know anything about bands or what my router is set to. I should have probably noted that this is a wireless router with a 400ft radius.

It could have a 20 foot radius, doesnt absolve the possibility that something is fucking with it. Go find the manual and find out how to change the band (or channel) its operating on.

Zeon on
    btworbanner.jpg
    Check out my band, click the banner.
  • Options
    DakDak Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Is your ISP just a dick?

I know here in Toronto, if you used any considerable part of your purportedly "unlimited" bandwidth, they'd basically seize your connection and throttle it down for a month, and then claim technical difficulties.

Maybe try calling your ISP and asking what's up, maybe there's a snowstorm at their headquarters.

Dak on
    GAWink.jpg