As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

If you own a Gigabyte MA790X-UD4P, please help!

TalonSETalonSE Registered User regular
I built a new system a month or so ago using a Gigabyte MA790X-UD4P motherboard and everything seems fine. However, I've noticed on boot when the BIOS displays the list of devices and their IRQs, the SMBus controller is listed as NA. In Windows itself the device manager shows it as having a driver available and doesn't show any issues with it. So I'm just wondering if this is normal or if it's a sign of some sort of hardware defect?

I know some of you also built systems with this board so I'm wondering if you see this as well or if your SMBus controller is assigned an IRQ during POST? Thanks.

TalonSE on

• Options
    ZellZell Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I think it's some audio driver thing, I guess you're not using the onboard soundcard?

Zell on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    No, I am using onboard sound, all the onboard devices are enabled in the BIOS. I was also wrong about there being a driver installed for it, there's an ATI driver listed for it but according to driver details "No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device." Google's been no help, I found one other guy with the same question on another forum, he was never answered.

TalonSE on
  • Options
    ZellZell Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Try reinstalling all audio related drivers from the CD that came with the motherboard?

Edit: also did you install all the motherboard drivers?

Zell on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    It's not an audio device, according to what I've read it's the Systems Management Bus and yeah, I installed the motherboard drivers from the Gigabyte disc. I've also been hunting around their and AMD's websites looking for more drivers. (It would so help if AMD had not bought ATI...they seem utterly focused on showing me graphic drivers instead of chipset drivers.) So far I've found a newer South Bridge driver set, installed it, still no SMBus. Well, there's a driver for it but it's not loaded. Then again, if it's disabled or damaged in hardware, Windows drivers aren't going to be much use.

At this point I'm just hoping someone else using this motherboard will tell me if they see the SMBus controller as NA during POST or not.

Update: Apparently expecting anyone else using this board to take a few minutes to check and let us know was too much to hope for. Thanks for reading anyway.

TalonSE on