As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] [Chat] The Horde Employs Cylon Paladins!

• Options
    EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    That corpse-spelling thing isn't new though. The first time it happened was (i think) pretty early in TBC.

As i recall, they somehow managed to have gnome corpses drop from the sky in Ironforge to spell out a website address/name. This obviously required some kind of hacking/modding thing and it only happened once (i think), but the concept is the same as now.

Obviously this is not quite as...aggressive as the above but i agree; fucking annoying nonetheless.

Except when they're too stupid to get the corpses to line up... :P

Euphoriac on
  • Options
    TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Henroid wrote: »
    One of these days, Blizzard is going to patch the game so that corpses in cities and newbie zones don't appear for other players, so that this new trend of gold selling sites spelling out their URL in corpses will be halted.

But it is so cool!

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Well for the last three days on Cho'gal a couple of websites have advertised via this method in Orgrimmar. It's annoying.

Henroid on
  • Options
    Basren DragonsnackBasren Dragonsnack Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    TTODewback wrote: »
    I thought it turned out to be Balnazaar..AGAIN.

No, its Mal'Ganis pretending to be Barean Westwind. Apparently Dreadlords love screwing with the Scarlet Crusade. Its a hobby.

Basren Dragonsnack on
    PSN: Scotty85
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    bluby.jpg

And then we went out and got our guild-first Yogg-Saron kill. So it all worked out anyway.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    VicktorVicktor Infidel Castro Rancho ChupacabraRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    TTODewback wrote: »
    I thought it turned out to be Balnazaar..AGAIN.

No, its Mal'Ganis pretending to be Barean Westwind. Apparently Dreadlords love screwing with the Scarlet Crusade. Its a hobby.
    Actually, they USE the Scarlet Crusade to screw with the alliance of the mortal races. In general they use anyone who is bigoted/insane enough for them to exert influence.

Like the Dreadlord who used that human dude to piss off the Elves and split them off (was that Balnazzar? I thought it was him who the UD Sylvanas sister had Varimathras -supposedly- murder to show his loyalty). Balnazaar uses the Crusade to both weaken the Argent Dawn/Silver Hand and piss off the Forsaken so that they won't seek out alliance with their non-undead friends in Stormwind (nto saying this is likely, but it's damned impossible while the Forsaken are trying to murder the inhabitants of SouthShore)... all the while ALSO fighting the Lich King, who betrayed the Burning Legion... at least twice now (as Nerzhul).

Mal'Ganis played Arthas (and then got played by the Lich King)... and then he used the Scarlet Onslaught against the unified Argent Crusade/Ebon Blade. The Ebon Blade members in Icecrown say that the Onslaught there -directly led by Mal'Ganis- doesn't differentiate between deathknights and the living (although it is a Forsaken saying this so...) but there are clearly Onslaught aligned deathknights (I think) in Dragonblight -near where Arthas found Frostmourne.

Varimathras also kept a strong divide between the Forsaken and the Humans by attacking and poisoning the humans with the help of the Forsaken. He then succeeded in using Putress to score a huge victory by dividing the Horde and Alliance at the Wrath Gate... I mean, a horde leader shows up and slaughters more horde+alliance than the scourge at a battle... pretty good shot for the Burning Legion IMO.

Vicktor on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: Viycktor
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2009
    Dreadlords are apparently the masters of feign death, as 3.2 has someone-who-totally-isn't-Sargeras talking to Varimathras.

I can let it slide due to some racial talent, but WoW in generally has been having way too many non-deaths lately. I understand the difficulty in creating new characters that people care about, but even Muradin didn't really die? C'mon!

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Dreadlords are apparently the masters of feign death, as 3.2 has someone-who-totally-isn't-Sargeras talking to Varimathras.
    Do tell?

Also, apparently the only way to truly kill a Dreadlord is to behead him. But... Wait. 3.2? Varimathras? Didn't he get owned by the Horde in the battle for the Undercity and beheaded? Or did he just escape?

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    OtakuD00D wrote: »
    Do tell?

Also, apparently the only way to truly kill a Dreadlord is to behead him. But... Wait. 3.2? Varimathras? Didn't he get owned by the Horde in the battle for the Undercity and beheaded? Or did he just escape?

It's just new audio added to the battle for undercity. They're adding voice for Putress and Saurfang as well.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    -SPI- wrote: »
    Do tell?

It's just new audio added to the battle for undercity. They're adding voice for Putress and Saurfang as well.
    Oh. Awesome. Yeah, I figured that voice in the portal was either Sargeras or Kil'Jaeden. Who else would Varimathras try to summon up?

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Do tell?

Oh. Awesome. Yeah, I figured that voice in the portal was either Sargeras or Kil'Jaeden. Who else would Varimathras try to summon up?

Mephistroth

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Do tell?

Mephistroth
    That FIEND! Oh man, completely forgot about that guy.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    By giving out the following science fact I have destroyed the anal spam on the trade channel

Did you know Gnomes are an egg laying mammal?

Brainleech on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    To be fair, dreadlords have a long and noble history of just not goddamn dying.

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I am pretty certain Dreadlords actually fall under the immortal races clause unless killed using very specific weapons and such. Which is a great excuse to have them constantly just reappear in game.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ShawnaseeShawnasee Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    By giving out the following science fact I have destroyed the anal spam on the trade channel

Did you know Gnomes are an egg laying mammal?

This requires too much brain activity for the folks on my trade chat and thusly would be ignored.

However, what are your arguments so I can test my theory on my server?

Shawnasee on
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Question about the Battle.Net account merging..can I still transfer between different Battle.Net accounts as long as the last name is the same on the two wow accounts? What about having two different WoW accounts merged into one Bnet account..can I play both at the same time, or do I need two separate Bnet accounts as well?

Bigity on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    The gullibility of the internet is astounding.
    He's half right.
    You need to be a Goon (thus, an SA member) to join Goon Squad, which DOES require $10.

Which is to make people think slightly harder about their posts if a stupid one potentially loses them ten bucks.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Question- I remember them popping up in the last thread courtesy of Justinsane, but does anyone have alink to the new heirloom items coming next patch?

I know I need to get cracking on my crusader title in order to get them (NOT HAPPY) but I was curious what they had again? I know there are chest pieces but aren't there also new weapons?

Arch on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Bigity wrote: »
    Question about the Battle.Net account merging..can I still transfer between different Battle.Net accounts as long as the last name is the same on the two wow accounts? What about having two different WoW accounts merged into one Bnet account..can I play both at the same time, or do I need two separate Bnet accounts as well?

Transfer between two accounts I don't know? I keep meaning to ask the dumb questions can I buy heriloom items on my warlock on account A and give them to alts on account b even though they are under the same Bnet account

Both wow accounts under one BNet account have a menu that allows you to select which one you want to play with

Also you will enjoy how I bumped the recruitment thread on the Windrunner forum for Cpg

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Haha very nice, you're science facts about gnomes.

CPG is a decent bunch of folks but the GL and a couple of the officers try to exercise way too much control over what people say/think. I mean, saying gold farmer got you into trouble because even though you specifically don't mention a nationality, it's still implied that it's racist to Chinese people, or something. Yet jokes about specific religions are ok, but you couldn't say stuff about Scientology. I guess I know why their forums were dead before I joined with my folks. We all ditched em and went back to Horde, where we should have stayed :/ Oh well :)

Bigity on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Arch wrote: »
    Question- I remember them popping up in the last thread courtesy of Justinsane, but does anyone have alink to the new heirloom items coming next patch?

I know I need to get cracking on my crusader title in order to get them (NOT HAPPY) but I was curious what they had again? I know there are chest pieces but aren't there also new weapons?

Obligatory Mmo Champion Link

Brainleech on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

:P

I wasn't really clear there, sorry.

I know there are chest pieces, and I know there are new weapons...I was much more curious about the new weapons.

Arch on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

I know there are chest pieces, and I know there are new weapons...I was much more curious about the new weapons.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/?item=48718
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/?item=48716

I think that's all there is.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Nice, the lava dredger still has its fire resist, even though it got re-purposed into a feral druid mace.

captaink on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I still find it kind of BS that if you want to grab a weapon to level a shaman or druid you have to do 25 days of dailies and get exalted with every city faction and then either grind the new instance over and over or do a shittonne of other dailies but any other class you can just do some heroics and just plop down some badges.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So what's the last word on Faction transfers? I may resub if it means I can take my Night Elf rogue, kill him, and make him undead.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    CuntyCunty Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    captaink wrote: »
    Nice, the lava dredger still has its fire resist, even though it got re-purposed into a feral druid mace.

it's not specifically for feral druids, nowadays almost everything has some implied feral druid attack power, just so feral druids aren't limited to "feral" staves and such

Cunty on
    gameintownk.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Cunty wrote: »

it's not specifically for feral druids, nowadays almost everything has some implied feral druid attack power, just so feral druids aren't limited to "feral" staves and such

Actually no, it pretty much is specifically designed for feral druids. It's the only heirloom that's of any use to them and it's not really useful to anyone else compared to the other heirlooms.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

http://ptr.wowhead.com/?item=48718
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/?item=48716

I think that's all there is.

RAAAAAAAAGE! I want the lava dredger so bad! It was such a cool looking weapon, so cool I want to get a second one on my Gnome Warrior spec Fury and just sit in IF Duel Wielding them with gnome RP gear on..

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Aumni wrote: »
    So what's the last word on Faction transfers? I may resub if it means I can take my Night Elf rogue, kill him, and make him undead.

You'll be able to, I think, but not much detail has been released. I think you will be able to choose any class-appropriate race for your new faction, but going back you can't, you go back to your original race. Not sure what happens if someone is crazy enough to do it a third time.

If you are like a druid or paladin you are limited to the race(s) that can choose that class normally.

I am so making my night elf druid into a cow druid!

I will miss Shadowmeld though.

Bigity on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

Actually no, it pretty much is specifically designed for feral druids. It's the only heirloom that's of any use to them and it's not really useful to anyone else compared to the other heirlooms.

Yeah, a 2h mace with agility and not strength is pretty much only gonna be good for druids.

captaink on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Bigity wrote: »

I am so making my night elf druid into a cow druid!

I will miss Shadowmeld though.

I am doing the same thing! But we get Warstomp, free health, and improved flower pickings!

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    ShawnaseeShawnasee Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I am confused about the faction switching. I know there hasn't been much released about it but what information actually HAS been released?

Shawnasee on
  • Options
    gigawatt666gigawatt666 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    and if you did faction switch, would you have to run/fly around and get all the different FP's?
    that would suck. hard.

gigawatt666 on
    BattleNet i.d. : gigawatt666#11111
    Ps4 : Gigawatt666
    Steam I.D. : Gigawatt666
    LoL : GiG4W4TT
  • Options
    RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    They give them all to dk's I don't see what the big deal would be to give them to faction switched people.

RedDawn on
  • Options
    GnutsonGnutson Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I wonder about faction specific mounts and weapons (ie the argent ones).

Also achivements. Can I still be Gnutson of Gnomergan the undead warlock? that would be bizarre.

Gnutson on
    Erai - Operative <--Imperial Double Agent--> Sniper - Eari
    SW:Tor - Tao - Kryatt Dragon Server
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Yeah, a 2h mace with agility and not strength is pretty much only gonna be good for druids.

FINE, GOSH

Cunty on
    gameintownk.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Gnutson wrote: »

Also achivements. Can I still be Gnutson of Gnomergan the undead warlock? that would be bizarre.

No, you'll be Gnutson of Silvermoon, or something like that

everything switchable is being switched, the nonswitchables are a thing to ponder, though

Cunty on
    gameintownk.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Gnutson wrote: »

No, you'll be Gnutson of Silvermoon, or something like that

everything switchable is being switched, the nonswitchables are a thing to ponder, though

Gnutson of Sen'jin would be the most likely equivalent - Orgrimmar/Ironforge, Sen'Jin/Gnomeregan, Undercity/Stormwind, Thunder Bluff/Dalaran, and Silvermoon/Exodar.

UnbrokenEva on
This discussion has been closed.