As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Recommend me a Force Feedback Joystick

SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today!Registered User regular
It looks like my Saitek Evo Force is on its way out....I'm getting weird random inputs in various games (POV directions, various buttons going off, etc.), and I can't really ignore it anymore. Tried switching USB ports, games, reinstalling drivers. Not sure what else is to be done.

So, besides just buying another Evo Force--any recommendations for a good joystick with force feedback? I don't think I'm going to magically find a MS Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 that I can afford presently, but something as capable as my Evo Force would be nice.

Synthesis on

• Options
    saggiosaggio Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I literally just bought a new joystick today: the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. It's not force feedback, but it's pretty fucking awesome, and cost me about $40.00, all in.

I'd recommend it to anyone who doesn't seriously get into flight sims.

saggio on
    3DS: 0232-9436-6893
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    And if I happened to be someone who got seriously into flight sims?

Synthesis on
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    If force feedback is a must, you might be best off with this, although I haven't used it myself.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    It's the one I currently own. In all fairness, it is affordable, and lasted me 4 years.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, it's your best bet as far as I can tell. Force feedback has mostly been abandoned it seems.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, it sucks, especially given that there's something like a dozen different type of force feedback racing wheels. Do people still playing driving simulators on PC? Apparently so. What a waste...

Synthesis on
  • Options
    saggiosaggio Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Synthesis wrote: »

If you're into that sort of thing, this is what you need.

saggio on
    3DS: 0232-9436-6893
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    saggio wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote: »

If you're into that sort of thing, this is what you need.

I've given that a lot of thought, but I already have a pretty old but still working throttle kit on the side, and the lack of desk space and lack of force feedback kind of killed the deal for me.

That, and I'm not paying $170 for phantom key presses, gear popping up on their own, and other bugs. Saitek dropped the ball on this one, apparently.

Synthesis on