As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Unusual graffiti/symbol

KlorgnumKlorgnum Registered User regular
edited July 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
I've seen this symbol graffitied in a couple of places around town. It's struck me as odd enough to wonder if it has any special meaning. Does anyone recognize it?

symbolp.png

Klorgnum on

• Options
    ZachardeZacharde Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Which town is this. I haven't it in LA, but I have the situational awareness of bellybutton lint, so thats not saying much.

Speaking practically, it looks like a combination of the typical illuminati symbology with a broadcast antenna and a targeting reticle (or poorly rendered aura). Can you get a piuc of the actual graffiti?

Zacharde on
    "For future reference, I was sort of hoping for a suggestion that didn't sound like it came from that Bolshevik Muppet with all the dynamite."
  • Options
    KeyScourgeKeyScourge __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    A guy that comes into where I work (library) about once a week has a...thing...on the lapel of his suit that looks like that

KeyScourge on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Zacharde wrote: »
    Which town is this. I haven't it in LA, but I have the situational awareness of bellybutton lint, so thats not saying much.

Speaking practically, it looks like a combination of the typical illuminati symbology with a broadcast antenna and a targeting reticle (or poorly rendered aura). Can you get a piuc of the actual graffiti?

It's in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada that I've seen it. Neither of the places that I've seen it are that close to where I live, and it looks like it's going to start raining heavily soon, so today's probably out for getting a photo. It looks pretty much the same as what I've drawn, just with thicker lines in red or black paint.

Klorgnum on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    This is the closest I could find -

allseeingeye2.gif

which is pretty close. I'm going to guess it's a Masonic symbol, or someone just appropriating the all-seeing eye into graffiti to make a statement.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    The all seeing eye graffiti meme shows up here in Winnipeg too. Different context though, no triangle, just the eye with the lines coming out the bottom.

Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • Options
    TRICorpTRICorp Extraordinaire Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    It means were being infiltrated by Chaos cultists!
    EyeOfHorus.jpg

TRICorp on
    XBox Live: TRISkull
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Pheezer wrote: »
    The all seeing eye graffiti meme shows up here in Winnipeg too. Different context though, no triangle, just the eye with the lines coming out the bottom.

You mean the same inverted telephone pole-type lines?

Klorgnum on
  • Options
    TrinisTrinis Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    It's just a simple third eye/all seeing eye image, but modified a bit. This stuff shows up everywhere - from Hindu mythology to the dollar bill to on a wall somewhere in Canada. The antenna/electricity pole is a decent addition I guess.

It means whatever you want it to mean, but the person spraying it probably intends a message against propaganda or an even more generalized message against all social control.

Trinis on
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Looks like the artist took a few different symbols and merged them together to make his own.

He is like the Neil Gaiman of the graffiti world.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The bottom part reminds me of the Russian Orthodox Catholic cross.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.