Options

It's that time of year again

2456762

Posts

  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I have no idea what college is going to be like, other than awesome.

    TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    MikeRyuMikeRyu Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    Butters wrote: »
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    My school doesn't even start for like 2 months.
    Wait I don't go to school any more, I'm a big boy now.

    Hi5

    Double Hi5

    Look at these little kids, buying text books and posters with Al Pacino from Scarface.

    It's cute

    On the flipside, we have responsibilities and jobs and taxes and shit. I'd give a lot to do university all over again, it was pretty awesome.

    Yeah I agree, I'm just trying to convince myself that the business world is awesome
    seriously people, don't graduate. stay in school as long as possible

    Mooching is by far the best way to live. Make sure to start buying lottery tickets early, though.

    There's not enough mooching representing in this forum. Everyone is fancy schools and jobs and apartments and the like, there's no one for a humble mooch to relate to.

    MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    Butters wrote: »
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    My school doesn't even start for like 2 months.
    Wait I don't go to school any more, I'm a big boy now.

    Hi5

    Double Hi5

    Look at these little kids, buying text books and posters with Al Pacino from Scarface.

    It's cute

    On the flipside, we have responsibilities and jobs and taxes and shit. I'd give a lot to do university all over again, it was pretty awesome.

    Yeah I agree, I'm just trying to convince myself that the business world is awesome
    seriously people, don't graduate. stay in school as long as possible

    Mooching is by far the best way to live. Make sure to start buying lottery tickets early, though.

    I'm pulling for two degrees my first four years. CS and Applied Mathematics. Hoping to get my masters in one or both. Possibly a doctorate. But we'll see how that goes.

    I think you're doing it wrong

    ?

    t Mike - Mooching is how I'm getting by. I'm mooching around $8.5k per semester from the government just to go to school.

    Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    MikeRyu wrote: »
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    Butters wrote: »
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    My school doesn't even start for like 2 months.
    Wait I don't go to school any more, I'm a big boy now.

    Hi5

    Double Hi5

    Look at these little kids, buying text books and posters with Al Pacino from Scarface.

    It's cute

    On the flipside, we have responsibilities and jobs and taxes and shit. I'd give a lot to do university all over again, it was pretty awesome.

    Yeah I agree, I'm just trying to convince myself that the business world is awesome
    seriously people, don't graduate. stay in school as long as possible

    Mooching is by far the best way to live. Make sure to start buying lottery tickets early, though.

    There's not enough mooching representing in this forum. Everyone is fancy schools and jobs and apartments and the like, there's no one for a humble mooch to relate to.

    But you have plenty of people to mooch off of

    If you're ever in Seattle, Canada, Chicago, or wherever, you know you'll have a couch and some free food.

    You're getting a pretty sweet deal here

    Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    Sharing a bathroom is like living in a concentration camp.

    Seriously. We have 1.5 bathrooms per adult in our house and we're alway trying to figure out ways to add more. Loft conversion with en suit, wing extension to get a bigger downstairs bathroom and a third upstairs. Maybe put one out in the garage?

    You look at places where there are fewer bathrooms than residents and you wonder why we even bothered winning WWII.

    We have 1.5 bathrooms per human resident and 2 for the dog, and I still want more. If the wife happens to be using the upstairs bathroom when I need to poop I have to go all the way downstairs like some kind of animal.

    Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    i've spent months having 1 bathroom for 10-12 family members
    it was a bathroom that didn't have a ventilation fan

    potatoe on
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    potatoe wrote: »
    i've spent months having 1 bathroom for 10-12 family members
    it was a bathroom that didn't have a ventilation fan

    See I can only imagine this ending in an And Then There Were None situation.

    Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Having my own bathroom is going to be the nicest thing ever. Never having to worry about whose pee is all over the toilet is going to be great. It's always going to be mine!

    Daric on
    cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
  • Options
    Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Monkeyfeet wrote: »
    why did you specify they were white girls?

    so we know that he's not a race-traitor

    people actually use that term

    Burden of Proof on
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    potatoe wrote: »
    i've spent months having 1 bathroom for 10-12 family members
    it was a bathroom that didn't have a ventilation fan

    See I can only imagine this ending in an And Then There Were None situation.

    also wow the original title of that book is vastly inappropriate

    Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    MikeRyuMikeRyu Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    MikeRyu wrote: »
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    Butters wrote: »
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    My school doesn't even start for like 2 months.
    Wait I don't go to school any more, I'm a big boy now.

    Hi5

    Double Hi5

    Look at these little kids, buying text books and posters with Al Pacino from Scarface.

    It's cute

    On the flipside, we have responsibilities and jobs and taxes and shit. I'd give a lot to do university all over again, it was pretty awesome.

    Yeah I agree, I'm just trying to convince myself that the business world is awesome
    seriously people, don't graduate. stay in school as long as possible

    Mooching is by far the best way to live. Make sure to start buying lottery tickets early, though.

    There's not enough mooching representing in this forum. Everyone is fancy schools and jobs and apartments and the like, there's no one for a humble mooch to relate to.

    But you have plenty of people to mooch off of

    If you're ever in Seattle, Canada, Chicago, or wherever, you know you'll have a couch and some free food.

    You're getting a pretty sweet deal here

    My God you're right! I've been so busy trying to find other moochers that I forgot to see the potential moochies that all all around! I forgot the eighth rule of Bumanomics "Sow your mooch seed wide and you shall reap a bountiful crop."

    MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited July 2009
    Next May I might start getting a commercial pilot's license. It will probably be years after I finish before I get a job that pays nearly what I make now, but it will beat sitting at a computer all day.

    bombardier on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    potatoe wrote: »
    i've spent months having 1 bathroom for 10-12 family members
    it was a bathroom that didn't have a ventilation fan

    See I can only imagine this ending in an And Then There Were None situation.

    also wow the original title of that book is vastly inappropriate

    Oh my god

    Moriveth on
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Movin into my dorm in less than 4 weeks, and its pretty damn sweet

    floorplan

    outside!

    Marine Drive is pretty awesome. All my friends who've lived there really like it

    Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    potatoe wrote: »
    i've spent months having 1 bathroom for 10-12 family members
    it was a bathroom that didn't have a ventilation fan

    See I can only imagine this ending in an And Then There Were None situation.

    also wow the original title of that book is vastly inappropriate

    Oh my god

    whoa hey ho all right now
    uh, hmm, jeez

    my aunt must have given me at least 20 hercule poirot books over the years, but I don't think I ever saw this one on her shelf

    spono on
    640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    School just ended for me, actually

    Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    why didn't they teach me this important piece of publishing history in 8th grade

    Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I've been at second semester for like 2 and a half weeks now, you guys are so slow.

    L|ama on
  • Options
    pinenut_canarypinenut_canary Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Daric wrote: »
    Things I need to do as soon as I move up there:

    1) Find a girl to do my laundry because fuckkkkk that
    2) Learn to cook
    3) Get naked

    I think once you accomplish #1, 2 and 3 are pretty much done.

    pinenut_canary on
  • Options
    Ol' SparkyOl' Sparky Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    i have had school for the past 7 weeks now, this is my last one

    then two weeks of real summer, and then moving 3000 miles away

    Ol' Sparky on
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Sucks to be in bed 1 and 4 on burrito night!

    BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I get to start my part-time MBA program at the end of August. I'm looking forward to being more busy. I'm not looking forward to the possibility of being totally fucking swamped. Or of going to school for the first time in 5 years and getting to do so with braces. Awesome.

    Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    unpurposedunpurposed Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Starting school back up in September.

    I've gotten really bored this summer, back home. Summer internship is really easy (good money though), but aside from that there's not much else to do. Looking forward to going back.

    I thought that watching all the seasons of Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis would keep me fully busy and entertained, but I just finished the last episode of Atlantis tonight.

    Anyways, I always found it odd that there weren't that many Boston PA'ers in college. It'd be cool to get something together once in a while.

    unpurposed on
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    1 more week of summer classes for me

    then 2 and a half weeks of vacation

    then into 5 classes of math, engineering, and astronomy for 15 total credit hours

    also my roommates of 2 years moved out today, and two girls are going to be moving in next week

    should be fun

    ronzo on
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    One more year left in my undergrad degree.

    Then more school.

    KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    TrixTrix Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm sort of excited about next year because I am going to be rooming with my best friend and she's a huge artist/Dexter fan, so we are covering the walls in butcher paper, and splattering red paint as the backdrop for whatever else we decide to paint.

    I'm sort of not excited because besides being totally awesome otherwise, my best friend/future roommate is the school whore and our dorm is very, very small and she's a bit of an exhibitionist.

    Trix on
  • Options
    TrixTrix Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Also, Daric, I take it you are going to A&M? My brother goes there, and I go to school around Austin.

    Trix on
  • Options
    DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Trix wrote: »
    Also, Daric, I take it you are going to A&M? My brother goes there, and I go to school around Austin.

    I am indeed. What school are you going to and what is your roommate's phone number?

    Daric on
    cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    CorpseRT wrote: »
    One more year left in my undergrad degree.

    Then more school.

    I hear ya

    If I find something I really enjoy, I'll probably get a masters or even a Ph.D

    Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] new member
    edited July 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

    [Deleted User] on
  • Options
    MarthMarth Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm going back to school in a month. My dorm is pretty good, better than most of the other res halls. I've been second guessing my school and major almost every day, but then I decide to just keep on keeping on. It hasn't hurt me yet.

    Marth on
    Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Daric, where are you in relation to Northgate?

    Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Daric, where are you in relation to Northgate?

    10 seconds away, right around the corner.

    I'm living in Reveille Ranch if you know where that is.

    Daric on
    cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
  • Options
    DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Plus, now that I'm not living in Houston anymore, I can make trips to San Marcos and Austin whenever I want. This is the real reason I am in College Station. It's like an hour away from everything.

    Daric on
    cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Do I ever!

    Fun fact: I have never driven from San Marcos to College Station, but rather, always driven to San Antonio first to then drive up to CS.

    That makes the drive extra fun. This is due to other circumstances, but whatever.

    I still need to fax the apartment complex the guarantor's proof of income, and set up an account with the utility company for electricity.

    Fun stuff.

    Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    scarlet blvd.scarlet blvd. Bebop Cola Goooood!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    1 month left of vacation, I have to use it wisely. God, I'm maybe 5' 5" or something, and I'm going to be a junior this year. I'm fucking tiny

    scarlet blvd. on
  • Options
    DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm paying 551 a month for this place, not including electricity.

    Gotta find me a job as soon as I get up there, though I don't expect that to be too hard.

    Daric on
    cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
  • Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    My school doesn't even start for another month and a half I don't even want to think about it.

    FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    At the end of next week all my schoolin' is done.

    bitches

    Tasteticle on

    Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    the wook wrote: »
    ugh. sharing a bathroom sucks

    try sharing one with 20 other people

    I lived the ghetto life in college

    Sara Lynn on
This discussion has been closed.