As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Vroooom - Automocar Factual Information

• Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    Yes, the si's tend to get stolen more than other cars.

Yes, cars that are red tend to get more speeding tickets than other cars.

Doesn't mean you will get a speeding ticket and it doesn't mean you will get your car stolen.
    It really depends on the area. There are places in new york where if you park an Si or an Integra you are almost certain to come back to it missing wheels at the minimum.

Faricazy on
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Yes, they get lifted more than other cars, but if EVERY si got boosted nobody would buy them, honda wouldn't make them, etc..

You can't go painting with your giant brush strokes. They're good cars and, as with any car, you need to be aware. Pretty simple.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    mustangEAA.jpg

NotASenator on
  • Options
    potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    are you wanting to just use the carfax things for people who really need them, or are they up for grabs for people who are just curious about their car even though they already own it?

because i'd like to know about my jeep
    but i'd hate to take away from real needs

potatoe on
  • Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm bored so I'm looking at rims that I'd like to include when I get summer tires next year.

Racing Hart and Mazda have a thing, so I'm looking there first cause I think they're really compliment my design.

I like these in front

saturn01.jpg

These in back

saturn03.jpg

Apparently they're only available in 20 which is way too big

Anybody know something similar that comes in an 18 and isn't uber heavy (like FAST, fuck FAST rims)

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    throw some Ds on that bitch

potatoe on
  • Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I would if I had a Caddy or a 90s Capris or something

but Ds would definately be overboard on a Mazda 6

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited July 2009
    potatoe wrote: »
    are you wanting to just use the carfax things for people who really need them, or are they up for grabs for people who are just curious about their car even though they already own it?

because i'd like to know about my jeep
    but i'd hate to take away from real needs

Well noone is really jumping and I'd rather not have them go to waste, so PM me the vin and I'll shoot you back the report.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

Ha ha ha stage 2 weight reduction kit?!?

$5000 is a lot of money for a copy of Gran Turismo 3...

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I am really digging this car and how it looks, damn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc6y-cIuguc&feature=fvhl

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Staleghoti wrote: »
    I'm bored so I'm looking at rims that I'd like to include when I get summer tires next year.

Racing Hart and Mazda have a thing, so I'm looking there first cause I think they're really compliment my design.

Apparently they're only available in 20 which is way too big

Anybody know something similar that comes in an 18 and isn't uber heavy (like FAST, fuck FAST rims)

The GTS rim here http://www.rayswheels.co.jp/indexe.html is quite similar and comes in 18 inch and up. They're also quite light, having a forged centre and a rolled 1 piece rim that is bolted onto the centre.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    6 carfax reports left!

Unknown User on
  • Options
    WezoinWezoin Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    My dad was driving his '99 XJ8 two days ago with the dog in the passenger seat. Someone cut him off, he had to slam on the brakes, dogs head smashed the windshield. Goddammit.

I should mention the dog is fine.

Wezoin on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    The dog's head smashed the windshield? That's quite the hard knock! Don't be surprised if the dog gets a bit weird, mentally. Or even just completely loses its memory real young.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Speaking of slamming on brakes, a SUV almost smashed into me today. They were in the left lane at a light (with a car turning left infront of them) and I was in the right lane. They switched lanes at the last second and I had to slam on the brakes to avoid hitting them. I laid on the horn for a good minute.

I pulled up next to them on the left at the next light and it's some teenage girl on her fucking cellphone (in a $60k+ car too) with the window down.

So I rolled down my window and yelled "HEY, get off your fucking cell phone and pay attention to the god damn road before you hurt someone" She yelled back "What did you say to me?" I replied "I would say I don't want you to to get hurt either, but you look like you could use a good kick in the fucking mouth."

Gave her the finger and drove off. She decided to turn right so she didn't see me at the next light.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    I would say well done robo, but from my experience I'm pretty sure she's so self absorbed that she drove away convinced that you're the asshole and that she did nothing wrong.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I am 100% positive that you are correct.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    it really is amazing how terrible drivers almost never realize how terrible they are and think that everyone else on the road is just honking or yelling at them to be dicks

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    The dog's head smashed the windshield? That's quite the hard knock! Don't be surprised if the dog gets a bit weird, mentally. Or even just completely loses its memory real young.

Meh, she seems fine enough. Doing all the same habits she used to. But yeah, I was worried cause I kept thinking about how Billy Mayes died. Getting hit on the head on a plane and leaving perfectly fine then dying that night. But shes survived a few days and seems fine so I don't think thats likely anymore.

Wezoin on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Whoop whoop, just got my new* Jetta. Goin' Monday morning to get it registered and get the plate for it.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    This is why my dog rides in a soft crate in the back of the car.

Also why every time I think about picking up a roadster I wonder what the hell I'm gonna do with the dog... probably have to get him a harness and strap him in the passenger seat... then what I do if I have a passenger... he rides on their lap I guess... I can see it now "hey baby wanna take a ride out to the beach in my convertible? oh.. hope you like dogs though.."

jwalk on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    jwalk wrote: »
    This is why my dog rides in a soft crate in the back of the car.

Also why every time I think about picking up a roadster I wonder what the hell I'm gonna do with the dog... probably have to get him a harness and strap him in the passenger seat... then what I do if I have a passenger... he rides on their lap I guess... I can see it now "hey baby wanna take a ride out to the beach in my convertible? oh.. hope you like dogs though.."

Yeah, my dad's friend apparently has some car harness things for dogs that he doesn't use anymore, so we're gonna get one of those. And insurance agreed to cover the windshield (even though thinking about it it doesnt really make sense that they would, basically being our fault and all)

Wezoin on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    That's how car insurance works.

I just don't know if I can roll with this...
    729053989987C.jpg

jwalk on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    That's how car insurance works.

I just don't know if I can roll with this...
    729053989987C.jpg

Yeah, my big problem is getting my dog to stay in the back. She also likes to have her head out the sunroof as we drive - which would have resulted in decapitation if she had been doing that at the time. I've been looking at getting an SUV, in which case she'd be put behind the back seats and I think would be fine there.

Wezoin on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Okay dudes, my new* Jetta has the stock AM/FM/Cassette player in it. This will not do at all. Since I know crap about car stereo systems, I turn to you for suggestions. Ideally I'l like something with an easily accessible AUX jack and/or iPod dock. Doesn't have to be fancy with a flip-out screen or any of that, just something to plug my iPod into.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    If it's a standard size you can literally put any head unit into there, all of the new ones have ipod jacks or have it as an option. Anything in the $150-200 range should have good power, more than the stock unit anyway.

My car has this pain in the ass Bose system with an oversized in-dash 6-disc changer, a seperate amp under the passenger seat and a "subwoofer" in the spare tire, replacing all that would be a royal pain in the ass, so I went with the cassette adapter for the iPod, but I don't use it very often. What I did instead is burn a few CDs with random music on them from iTunes and throw those in the cd changer... works almost as well. If I did anything I'd probably replace the speakers, maybe the amp too.

jwalk on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Cool, thanks. I guess I'll poke around Amazon and Newegg and them come back here with links.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Okay, what are your thoughts on this one?
    Pioneer DEH2100IB Only $100, and it has an AUX in front.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Try Crutchfield, put in your car make/model/year and see what fits.

jwalk on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I kinda like this one, though it might block the cupholders when it's in use. . .

Boss Audio 750DI

h104750Di-f_mt.jpeg

EDIT: There's another version that includes built-in Bluetooth for calling and whatnot, which is kinda neat.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    I kinda like this one, though it might block the cupholders when it's in use. . .

Boss Audio 750DI

h104750Di-f_mt.jpeg

EDIT: There's another version that includes built-in Bluetooth for calling and whatnot, which is kinda neat.

That looks like it'd be an awfully quick way to break either your head unit or your ipod. I bet within a year that piece that comes out will snap off, and if you have to break quickly (god thats all i can think about) your ipod would go flying.

Actually, on second thought the piece coming out looks fairly thick and sturdy, but my point about the ipod still stands.

Wezoin on
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So, my ride is really bouncy, I'm being told I need to change the coilovers. To give you an example, i go over a speed bump at 5mph and once the back end comes off i'm bouncing so hard it sounds like the spare tire is trying to escape from the trunk. It also makes the ride really rough, how much money should i spend?

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Options
    Wrench N RocketsWrench N Rockets Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So, my ride is really bouncy, I'm being told I need to change the coilovers. To give you an example, i go over a speed bump at 5mph and once the back end comes off i'm bouncing so hard it sounds like the spare tire is trying to escape from the trunk. It also makes the ride really rough, how much money should i spend?

Unless I'm mistaken, you need to replace your dampers (shocks) not your coils (springs). Your springs are just that, a big ol' coil of metal that basically can never go bad.

Man, I used to want an SVT Focus in the worst way. Now that I'm in the market for a new car, I don't want to buy something at minimum 5 years old, no matter how awesome.

DSCN0205.jpg

Would be my ideal car.

Wrench N Rockets on
    sig_lambo.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited August 2009

Yeah, I'm gonna try to get one of those types in the future.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Boss Audio 750DI

h104750Di-f_mt.jpeg

This is totally what I wanted when I first got my nano... Get it and let us know how it is :^:

Hopefully it's not a POS..

jwalk on
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Keith wrote: »

Yeah, I'm gonna try to get one of those types in the future.

You're better off with an earpiece. My Garmin has a bluetooth adapter and yelling loud enough to hold a conversation with it does not make for easy conversation. It's better when you have a mic near, say, your mouth.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Boss Audio 750DI

h104750Di-f_mt.jpeg

This is totally what I wanted when I first got my nano... Get it and let us know how it is :^:

Hopefully it's not a POS..

There's another model where you take the faceplate off and there's a little place to tuck the iPod into
    12324967452.jpg

But it's a bit more expensive as well.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    What kind of car, how many miles, etc etc etc....?

Shocks are probably shot, especially if it has over 120-150,000 miles, or has lowering springs on the stock shocks.

Springs don't really go bad, unless they sag a little (300k+ miles?) or just break outright... you probably just need new shocks.

jwalk on
  • Options
    honey nut cheerioshoney nut cheerios __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    I have still yet to learn to operate an automated carriage.

Less now due to my own anxiety and more due to economics.

honey nut cheerios on
    Uriel3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009

There's another model where you take the faceplate off and there's a little place to tuck the iPod into
    12324967452.jpg

But it's a bit more expensive as well.
    Well that's kinda wonky, taking off the face??? But that's more like I pictured... you shove the iPod in like an 8-track 8-)

but really the heads-up one might be better, it doesn't stick out as much, as long as it doesn't block your vents or whatever...

jwalk on
This discussion has been closed.