Options

[DnD4E] OOC Dungeon Delve: "Do you like items?"

• Options
    DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Nature and Perception checks. (1d20+11=14, 1d20+11=17)

Blah. Dulran sees rocks. Some of those rocks are stacked on top of each other, in a tower-like formation.

Denada on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Bok Choi wrote: »
    I think I follow.

What happens if you smash open a magical endless bottle of Stolichnaya? Everflowing soli fountain?

I don't know, other than a man called Molotov tried it first.

I just edited initiative into my last post.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    As an aside, I generally do my status just by keeping open a text file with the last update in it and editing in there. Then when I go to post I can just copy it over, because I can read the file with some basic BBCode just fine on my own.

May or may not be helpful if you're doing it my way.

Edit: Okay folks, let's talk strategy a bit. Having a fence that high that I can't shoot over is a big problem for Tiriara; she can't really send Sundamar ahead while she hangs back. Which implies I should send him ahead, but I'm worried about him getting focus-fired and beaten down while she's helpless. Thoughts? What else are people planning on this map?

Also, kuhlmeye, would it be possible for Tiriara to climb to the top of the fence and sit on it?

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    That makes sense. I was hoping to just have an excel sheet with columns and titles that I could just paste over to here, but all the formatting was lost when I pasted it, and the numbers weren't lined up with their respective titles. Annoying, but I'll figure it out.

Also, Denada, I don't have a token for Dulran. Did you want me to just randomly pick a picture, or did you want to provide one?

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    edited August 2009
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Don't know why I didn't see that. Ok, good to go then.

kuhlmeye on
  • Options
    Bok ChoiBok Choi Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I should probably know this, but can my spirit companion can be used with a standard action the same turn I call it. I am almost 100% that it can, but I might have missed some summoning rule or something.

e: starting Gissur outside the fence and plopping the companion down inside is more or less my plan.

Bok Choi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <ProfMoriarty> oh yeah. one time I PMed a picture of my penis to a forumer, and then I got a PM from Thanatos saying "nice girth"
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Calling your spirit companion is a minor action, so I don't see why you couldn't use your standard with it in the same turn. Nothing in the power text indicates otherwise.

Tactics:
    I'm going last, so I'll stick myself wherever. I'm thinking we can get those with the better ACs (and the spirit companion, the minions won't be able to do enough damage to it in one attack to dispel it) to take the front so that those of us with ranged abilities can pick off the minions from the back row. Try to get the minions grouped around the stairs, that way I can get some minions with Flame Seed and discourage the stronger kobolds from joining the fight right away. We should also try to stay clustered so that the kobolds can't flank.

Denada on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Just looked at it and yeah, you can use the Spirit Companion the same turn you summon it, as its a minor to summon. It doesn't have a standard action of its own, as that comes from your powers with the Spirit keyword.

Also, you can just say which square you are starting in when you make your first IC post.

kuhlmeye on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Right, I missed that we could start inside. Can Tiriara sit on the fence or is that a no-no?

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    It will require fairly high Athletics checks every turn, as well as every time you are hit by an attack, but yeah, you can try it. :P

And the starting squares are just outside the fence, to clarify.

kuhlmeye on
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Wouldn't sitting on the fence be Acrobatics, since she'd be balancing on it?

interrobang on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Yes, interrobang is right, and I am wrong.

kuhlmeye on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    More like crazybatics. Right? Right?
    Yeaaaaaaah. 8-)

Denada on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Oh, that border's the fence, not the actual black border. Okay, I can just start her off in the difficult terrain then.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, its both a blessing and a curse to have the WotC maps. Sometimes the maps they make are really hard to discern and figure out whats going on. I'll try to make it more clear in the future.

kuhlmeye on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Hopefully that buys us a little space. I'm a bit at a loss as for what to do with Sundamar in a situation like this - I'll eventually move him around to give people CA when appropriate.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    So I am assuming we can see through the fence then, or did Tiriara just fire two arrows blindly?

Bok Choi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <ProfMoriarty> oh yeah. one time I PMed a picture of my penis to a forumer, and then I got a PM from Thanatos saying "nice girth"
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    There are plenty of gaps to see through the fence. Also, the fence stops at the rough terrain. I guess they assumed that the rough terrain was just as hard to cross as the fence.

kuhlmeye on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I thought Tiriara had line of sight and effect from where she started, too.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Yup, you were fine.

kuhlmeye on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Bok Choi, you can use your spirit's OA power, KM8 moved past you on its turn.

kuhlmeye on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Whoops.
    Totally missed that.

e:actually spirits dont get OA, but they can trigger one for Gissur. I can't use my basic melee attack though, so it's a moot point.

Bok Choi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Look at the Spirit's Shield power.

kuhlmeye on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Whoops, that's not an OA though. I thought you were implying that the spirit companion could use a melee attack against the kobold.
    I'll spread the healing love in the IC thread, just let me look at the HP totals :)

Just so no one misses it:
    Tanir +4HP

Bok Choi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I thought it did some minor damage as well. Perhaps I was wrong.

kuhlmeye on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Bok Choi wrote: »
    Whoops, that's not an OA though. I thought you were implying that the spirit companion could use a melee attack against the kobold.
    I'll spread the healing love in the IC thread, just let me look at the HP totals :)

Just so no one misses it:
    Tanir +4HP

Yaaayyy!

Also, I am so disappointed in my last turn.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Wow, can someone with a bit more of an eye for numbers look at Tiriara's sheet? I realized that her at-will is totally useless and I'm wondering if I should retrain/fix anything else.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Arivia wrote: »
    Wow, can someone with a bit more of an eye for numbers look at Tiriara's sheet? I realized that her at-will is totally useless and I'm wondering if I should retrain/fix anything else.

Are you talking about Twin Strike or Predator's Strike?

I would go with Twin Strike/Hit and Run, personally.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Bok_Choi, you attacked KM8 but said KM1 is dead...silly =P

All kobolds fall down! We're out of initiative now, yes?

Just trying to decide what I should do next.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Blehhh.
    I know I was going to do that.

I blame the heat here in Boston. I just want to sit in my underpants and now move at all.

Bok Choi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Fences are not a 4' high dwarf's best friend, I suppose.

We are now out of initiative. There is a dug out hole with a rope ladder that goes down. Also, in the northwest corner of the pit there are a couple boxes stacked up.

kuhlmeye on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I guess I didn't need a perception check. Someone go open those boxes!

Bok Choi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    There is a good possibility of presents being in those boxes. Not to prod you or anything. :P

kuhlmeye on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    So, I have a question. Would you all rather receive gold with parcels, or not worry about shopping and just get the golds worth of items?

kuhlmeye on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I'd just take the items unless you want to push us towards, say, Hlondeth for some reason.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Point to note, I don't think Hlondeth technically exists any more.

But thats beside the point. I don't expect you guys to honestly spend too much time in towns. Let's keep in mind the name of the game I'm running.

kuhlmeye on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Items are always nice.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    You all are gonna be getting so many items. Be prepared to replace all of your stuff very quickly.

kuhlmeye on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Stuff like that makes me miss the old Realms. But it could still be there! There's only ruins for Innarlith listed, Vanity's Brood blah blah blah.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg