As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

iMac or Fix my oldie?

mfroggmfrogg Registered User regular
edited August 2009 in MMO Extravaganza
I've got an old handbuilt, Athlon 64 3.5g with 2g Ram. It uses a 6500 Nvidia. The card is going out. The SoundBlaster Live! card is gone. I've got onboard audio left, and the nvidia is strong enough to handle wow at max settings, just short of Dalaran.

I've been pondering getting an imac, about the 1400$ model.

Will WoW run better or worse, ya think?

mfrogg on

• Options
    edited August 2009
    I guess I should say I do want to upgrade, but upgrading the mobo, which is SLI capable, would be hard at my current local. Madison, Wi isn't known for a Fry's... damnit.

mfrogg on
  • Options
    CuntyCunty Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    if you're going to replace your mobo, i wouldn't go local, i'd buy online

check out newegg.com, tigerdirect or something similar

I would get a gigabyte mobo, cheap, it has phenomenal ratings, and it comes with software for easy overclocking if you're into that kind of thing (completely doable if you want to drop 20-40 dollars on a decent heatsink)

i personally don't know the specs of the imac, i just know any PC with comparable specs (especially self-made) will be much cheaper

on a different note, i think this thread may be better suited for the normal G+T forum

Cunty on
    gameintownk.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Please move, if appropriate. =D

mfrogg on