As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A Penny-Arcade Forum Family Christmas

DynagripDynagrip Break me a million heartsHoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
edited January 2007 in Games and Technology
Hey dudes of G&T.

I am running a history project on the side. You can check it out in D&D. Anyway, long ago, I used to be a regular over in this neck of the woods. I had a question for y'all, who is your favorite G&T mod ever?

there was

ido.gifDrDizaster

RX73 - dude was never here, but his av was dancing black mage

Henroid - DrDizaster protege. Henroid, we'll get to throw down some day. Some day!

uh raijin quickfoot - slowest dude ever on land to be named quickfoot, but a great guy.

mcc - now an awesome D&Der. No idea what kind of mod he was.

MA17- uh, he went to japan I know that

Echo...
and then I'm clueless on the last 1.5 years of so of G&Tness

So, let us discuss your particular sub-branch's history. With particular attention paid to its fine leaders of yester year and today.

Oh yeah, the best ever G&T moderator.

the one the only, mtdew. *applause*

mtdew.jpg

Dynagrip on

• Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I think the G&T mod team are a awesome, helpful bunch, and certainly contribute alot to making this one of the better comunities on the intarwebs, and the only one I am an active member in.

I dunno about this thread though, it might be better in The Monkey Den or something...

LewieP on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Mcc was my favorite mod. He didn't ban people at the drop of a hat and he was smart to boot. He is a very respectable guy, I must say.

G&T has, in my experience, gone a bit downhill. I'm not going to blame it on poor modding or anything like that, I think it's the userbase and our love of drama. In the past few weeks I've realized that half of the things said every day aren't even worth replying to, either because they are profoundly stupid, made to make people angry and stir up a little trouble, or both.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    EinhanderEinhander __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    Mcc was my favorite mod. He didn't ban people at the drop of a hat and he was smart to boot. He is a very respectable guy, I must say.

G&T has, in my experience, gone a bit downhill. I'm not going to blame it on poor modding or anything like that, I think it's the userbase and our love of drama. In the past few weeks I've realized that half of the things said every day aren't even worth replying to, either because they are profoundly stupid, made to make people angry and stir up a little trouble, or both.

mcc temp banned me at the drop of a hat once. I think I got into an argument with Tube one time about something, but I don't remember. Other than that, I don't remember having any personal issues with the mods. All of the forum shakeups kind of sucked, though. You'd log on and find some new rule or an entire forum gone.

If anything, I don't think there are enough mods, since spam still slips by for a while sometimes when it hits early in the morning. I think if we had a couple of mods from a tremendously different time zone it might help.

I'm glad we have the ones we do, though, since they seem to be doing it in their own free time without any kind of benefits other than a super-secret forum (and I've heard rumors of mod-only orgy invites but so far they're still rumors).

Also, yeah, lately parts of G&T are starting to turn into GameFaqs Jr, and it blows. See the recent thread about the guy who killed his kid for knocking over his 360 for a few really good examples.

Einhander on
  • Options
    ZoolanderZoolander Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I think CT is the best G&T mod

Zoolander on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    90x Double Side

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    OdenOden Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Captain K is kind of a giant fag

Oden on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006

I agree with everything you just said.

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    If you want to talk G+T history, it can't be done without mentioning the old color scheme and the "phorums"

Jasconius on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I remember Mr. Glub Glub when I was lurking. I think everybody hated him.

Couscous on
  • Options
    ben0207ben0207 Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Oden wrote:

He does cool stuff like the Pokerap and the Secret Santa though.

I think Echo is a cool mod, though he once jailed me for pretending to be drunk (mocking Clawshrimpy in the 40K thread) and I'm still unjailed from that, so I don't know.

ben0207 on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    ben0207 wrote:
    Oden wrote:

I think Echo is a cool mod, though he once jailed me for pretending to be drunk (mocking Clawshrimpy in the 40K thread) and I'm still unjailed from that, so I don't know.

I was just joking man

man

Oden on
  • Options
    LightReaperLightReaper Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    MCC.

LightReaper on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    titmouse wrote:
    I remember Mr. Glub Glub when I was lurking. I think everybody hated him.

Glub Glub? What a big massive twat he was. Where is he now, anyway?

Oh, and Oden:
    [spoiler:57025a44a5]It's true though :lol: [/spoiler:57025a44a5]

ben0207 on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited December 2006
    ben0207 wrote:
    Oden wrote:

You... you do know that you can change your title and put your avatar back, right?

Aroduc on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Wasn't Q of Banditz a mod for a while

Oden on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Aroduc wrote:
    ben0207 wrote:
    Oden wrote:

You... you do know that you can change your title and put your avatar back, right?

I shall try this.

ben0207 on
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    I think Alpha was a pretty good mod. I wonder what happened to him.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Oden wrote:

I don't think so, but his aura of truth and justice may have led you to believe that.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    pheezer. Technically I don't believe he's actually modded G&T for any extended period of time, but he's at least locked a few threads over here. He doesn't dick around, he's not a giant hypocrite, and he gets the job done with no fuss, muss, or tools to clean.

And fuck Raijin. Dude jailed me and took off on a fucking vacation. Nine long days before I could get someone else to unjail me. But it was a bannable offense, or a tempban anyway, so I'll give him a free pass.

JAEF on
  • Options
    BasticleBasticle Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    favorite old mod? mcc

favorite current mod? Captain K

Basticle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SixfortyfiveSixfortyfive Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    A history thread, huh?

Man that is a crappy list in the OP. Let's try and round it out.

DrDizaster
    RX73
    Henroid
    Raijin Quickfoot
    mcc
    MA17
    Echo
    Monoxide
    Apotheos
    ceres
    pheezer
    omgboomlol
    Captain K
    Accault
    Neo Rasa
    Orikaeshigitae
    90X Double Side
    Mordrack
    Bombardier

Missing anyone?

I always felt that mcc, Captain K, omgboomlol, and Raijin went to some pretty good lengths to foster community and lead by example most of the time. They were very active posters during each of their tenures and gave us things like the Ventrilo server, Guess That Gender, and knew how to have fun with the forums while still doing a pretty good job.

Sixfortyfive on
    poasting something foolishly foolish.
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    A history thread, huh?

DrDizaster
    RX73
    Henroid
    Raijin Quickfoot
    mcc
    MA17
    Echo
    Monoxide
    Apotheos
    ceres
    pheezer
    omgboomlol
    Captain K
    Accault
    Neo Rasa
    Orikaeshigitae
    90X Double Side
    Mordrack
    Bombardier

Missing anyone?

I always felt that mcc, Captain K, omgboomlol, and Raijin went to some pretty good lengths to foster community and lead by example most of the time. They were very active posters during each of their tenures and gave us things like the Ventrilo server, Guess That Gender, and knew how to have fun with the forums while still doing a pretty good job.
    What about that Alphamonkey guy? He was a mod here for at least a week.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited December 2006
    ben0207 wrote:
    Aroduc wrote:
    ben0207 wrote:
    Oden wrote:

I shall try this.

Yet another crisis averted.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Aroduc wrote:
    ben0207 wrote:
    Aroduc wrote:
    ben0207 wrote:
    Oden wrote:

I shall try this.

Yet another crisis averted.

Hurrah!

ben0207 on
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited December 2006
    Oden wrote:
    that is what makes him the best!

bongi on
  • Options
    TheGreat2ndTheGreat2nd Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    omgboomlol = best mod evar

Then again, I kinda missed out on the first 2 years of this forum, soooo...

TheGreat2nd on
    BinghamtonUniversity.png
    I'm Jacob Wilson. | facebook | thegreat2nd | [url="aim:goim?screenname=TheGreatSecond&message=Hello+from+the+Penny+Arcade+Forums!"]aim[/url]
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Oden wrote:

No, but he was a giant douchebucket as a forumer.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    mordrack was a forum mod? What?

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    Original RufusOriginal Rufus Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I really just miss the Chat Thread.

Good times.

Original Rufus on
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited December 2006
    captain k should at least win hairiest and sexiest voiced mod even if that is not a category

bongi on
  • Options
    MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    Why does no one ever remember Scott? The guy was hilarious, he locked like the entire forum because every thread was wrong in some way. He was a mod for something like 2 months before disappearing for over a year, only to come back and make like 5 monkey den posts and then never returning.

Monoxide on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    Was he the one with the Lockdown image as his avatar? If so, I rememberede him, just not his screenname.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    That's the guy.

Monoxide on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    I will share a picture of my Penny-Arcade BFF and my real life BFF chilling out after we got fucking trashed with denihilist and drunkey. Oh god. Don't drink and drive kids. But if you do, make sure you do it really well. I would suggest you pick up a bottle of Vodka and rent one of those driving games I've heard so much about to practice.

dewanddog.jpg

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    omgboomlol = best mod evar

Then again, I kinda missed out on the first 2 years of this forum, soooo...

I don't know you, but never. mtdew was a legend. How many other G&T mods violently sodomized G&T's idol and founder, DrDizaster, in the back alleys of the forums??? None. That's who.

mtdew played a mad game. Oh man. His heart was as big as he was short. I loved his style. It meshed with mine perfectly. I soften up the chump with some fucking body shots and maybe a crushing elbow to the throat. Then, as they're barely able to stay on their feet, I tag out and mtdew engages them in a game of deadly swift debate-fu. If they start to settle, we slap hands, and I knee them in the kidneys.

mtdew, come back, all is forgiven!!!

samurai-champloo-04.jpg

Guess which one I am?! mtdew is my Gin.

Ok, I posted an anime screen cap. Does this mean like, I can never leave here or something. I uh, don't wanna get stuck here!!!

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    A history thread, huh?

Apotheos
    I liked the dude. But he got beaten soundly about the head and shoulders everyday by a stern, yet loving Square721BT over on the Citadel of Truth. So uh, can't give him any eProps.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    SaniusSanius Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I always thought Apo was a cool dude, but he was such a dick in the chat thread.

Good times..

Sanius on
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    G&T's pretty good at getting rid of its good mods.

Six on
    can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    G&T's pretty good at getting rid of its good mods.

You'd have to be a total fucking idiot to keep modding this place for more than a year.

Monoxide on
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    My favorite mod is YOU!

104.jpg

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166