As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Freedom Brigade Rides Again

DMACDMAC Come at me, bro!Moderator mod
edited March 2007 in Artist's Corner
I started working on these guys back in the fall and decided to take another stab at them last night. I inked Invisible Agent and Dr. X and started coloring Dr. X while I was getting ready for work this morning. I was going for sort of an old school Marvel look with these so I did most of the inking with a brush pen.

agent1.jpg

drx1.jpg

DMAC on

• Options
    drinkinstoutdrinkinstout Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    wow, that is quality right there. I'm curious to see how you color in Invisible Agent. The only real critique I have is that his left (our right) arm looks to be a little short in the upper arm area.

drinkinstout on
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited March 2007
    Thanks. I can see how the arm might look a little short with the cloak and his suit bulging out but I think the structure underneath would still work:

iaarm.jpg

DMAC on
  • Options
    icebergiceberg Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    They both look pretty good. The biggest issue I'm having is with the first drawing of the man with the gun. He looks uncomfortable the way he's standing. His legs aren't making sense with his torso's bend. It's more like a way you'd stand if you were taking a dump. His spine should be more hunched rather than bending back. Granted I'm probably exagerating a tad.

Also, I think drinkinstout may have thought the arm was too short because that shoulder might be a bit too wide, but that's really just at glance.

Feelin' the old school.

iceberg on