As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

CircuitCity.com is back, prices similar to Amazon/Newegg

ScrubletScrublet Registered User regular
So Anandtech's little news sidebar put up an interesting article: "CircuitCity.com back from the dead." Curious, I went over to see. It looks like Circuit City is now going to be an online only site. The reason I bring this up is because the prices are looking familiar...

Panasonic 50" G10 Plasma, CC and at Amazon.
Onkyo TX-SR607 Receiver, CC and at Newegg.
Intel Core i7 920, CC and at Newegg.

May be something worth price-checking against Newegg and Amazon, at least for the time being. Of course it remains to be seen whether or not the customer service and such is on par with Newegg, or if these prices are only low while they're trying to get off the ground again.

subedii wrote: »
I hear PC gaming is huge off the coast of Somalia right now.

PSN: TheScrublet
Scrublet on

• Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    the new circuitcity.com is owned by the same company that owns Tiger Direct, which means you'll likely get similar support, which is not fantastic.

Also, while i haven't read it, apparently the return policy of the new store is pretty awful.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar