As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Recommended 24" or 26" TFT Display for Gaming

mg78mg78 Registered User regular
I'd like to get some advice on which TFT display to buy. I will be playing mostly first person shooters and doing some office work in between.

What are you guys using, and why?

Any recommendations are highly appreciated.

Thanks!

mg78 on

• Options
    GrimReaperGrimReaper Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I use a 22" Samsung SyncMaster 2232 here, does the job great. With bigger widescreen monitors you need to remember that you're looking at higher resolutions.. meaning unless you like the look of resized image quality or have a ridiculously good pc that can run games at 1920x1200 resolution then you may want to aim for below 24".

Also, you may want to ask this in what is really turning into the official thread here.

GrimReaper on
    PSN | Steam
    ---
    I've got a spare copy of Portal, if anyone wants it message me.
  • Options
    EgoEgo Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I use a Soyo Topaz S as my higher quality TFT. It's a 24" LCD with a 3ms response time, and 1000:1 constrast ratio (no dynamic constrast, which is a good thing.) By far it's best features are the excellent colour reproduction and very wide viewing angles, which are considerably better than most TFTs out there. I can confirm the respone time is excellent for gaming.

It also has no HDMI input, and is more expensive than plenty of other 24" LCDs. It's also harder to find. Also has attached speakers which (for me at least) don't do anything but take up some space.

Ego on
    Erik
  • Options
    mg78mg78 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Thanks, I appreciate the advice and will have a look at the semi-official thread :)

mg78 on