As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Xbox 360 sound not working

galenbladegalenblade Registered User regular
edited June 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
So, this is odd. The sound on my 360 is simply not working. It's not the TV, as my Wii and other stuff still comes through the speakers. I tried reseating the HDMI cable, and even plugging it into another port, to no avail.

There's no scratchiness when I move the cable, and the video's crystal clear. Anyone know what could be causing this?

linksig.jpg
galenblade on

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Sounds like a cable problem (stupid answer).

More useful suggestion: see if you don't still have the AVI/Component cable that came with your Xbox 360 (basically, the non-HDMI) option and make sure that your sound output isn't totally dead. HDMI cables, like everything else in the universe, fail every so often.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    galenbladegalenblade Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    OK, that did it. I had forgotten that I had those cables buried back somewhere. Audio's working, and the picture's back, albeit somewhat less sharp than before.

Suppose I'll have to get a new HDMI cable now. Thanks, though, now I can get back to playing.

galenblade on
    linksig.jpg
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Happy to hear it wasn't your Xbox 360.

Honestly, at 1080p, I cannot tell the different between HDMI and Component. Which is good, because my launch 360 has no HDMI out (I tested using a friend's console). Then again, HDMI cables can be had for $6, so no loss there.

Synthesis on