As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Marcus Fenix sculpt...

ScottyScotty Registered User regular
edited March 2007 in Artist's Corner
A little update...STILL UNFINISHED, but getting there...

FENIX_BUST_march_7_web_1.jpg

I never really liked the face, so I pretty-much resculpted it...now he's angrier.

FENIX_BUST_march_8_web1_sma.jpg

Scotty on

• Options
    Mr BubblesMr Bubbles David Koresh Superstar Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Holycrapawesome :^:

Mr Bubbles on
  • Options
    revolverevolve Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    holy crap awesome indeed

revolve on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Mr BubblesMr Bubbles David Koresh Superstar Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Are you going to sell it once you finish it? Is it a commission or something?

Mr Bubbles on
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    his shoulders seem really small, especially when you consider the unreal universe characters usually have really gigantic pauldrons on their body armor.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I think the face is an improvement, and I agree with Scos on the shoulders.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    Recoil42Recoil42 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Cease and desist in your mailbox on Monday, I'm calling it. ;)

Definitely holyfuckawesome. :^:

Though as a... I don't know, but there is something bugging me with his face... it looks very...

Seven_dwarves_small.jpg

?

edit... doing a side by side...

marcus_fenix2.jpgFENIX_BUST_march_8_web1_sma.jpgFENIX_BUST_march_7_web_1.jpg

edit: It's his nose and ears... very roundish-bulgy, it's almost cartoonish. Hence I think why it's reminding me of the seven dwarves.

Still totally awesome though. I assume this is clay?

Recoil42 on
  • Options
    Kewop DecamKewop Decam Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    face a little too worked, too many wrinkles

Good stuff though

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • Options
    SketchTheArtistSketchTheArtist Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Details are awesome, but the shoulders and his shoulder plates should be much wider.

Good job, nonetheless!

SketchTheArtist on
    SketchTheArtist.jpg
  • Options
    ScottyScotty Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Hey guys...I appreciate the feedback.

The facial wrinkles I know for a fact are fine...I have about 50 reference pics I'm going by, and in every one that he's pissed in...his face is very scarred and wrinkly in those areas. Trust me on that....I actually cut back on them in comparison to some screenshots. ;)

I will not receive a CAD order because this will never be produced unless picked up by a company for that purpose. They would be in charge of acquiring the proper licensing for it. This is just for portfolio purposes to show skill and detailing abilities...nothing more. I'm fully aware of how strict EPIC GAMES are with their licensing...I think the only ones more strict are the people at DISNEY. :)

Anyhow, thanks for the replies guys. Whether you like the choices in detail or what have you...means a lot that you still find the bust to be a hit. (Hell, better than that statue that's out there am I right?)

The sculpt is done in castilene. (wax-based clay)
    You know what...the shoulders are something I fought with a lot, and if you look at the various screenshots from the game...they appear to shrink and swell so much you'd think he was a transformer. I agree that even when I look at him, I think they should be bigger, but hey, it's a bust just to show my skills as a sculptor. If it ever got picked up...It would be a snap to hone the areas that they may ask me to fix since the clay is so easily worked. I'm not interested in getting it exact right now....there's always changes that would have to be made before it could be casted..revisions, revisions, revisions and yes, even more REVISIONS. If I were payed to do it...I would, but I'm not. I have paying work (Thank God) that I'm giving a lot more attention to right now. :D

Scotty on
  • Options
    Kewop DecamKewop Decam Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    you see that thing he's doing with his lip? There are muscles around the cheek that allow that to happen and those muscles aren't flexing up at all. The muscles in that area pull th lips up, so both sides of his face can't have the exact same structure if one side of his lip is up like that. Go do what he's doing with his lip in a mitrror and you'll see what I'm talking about.

But most people wouldn't notice or care about that

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • Options
    SlughornSlughorn Registered User new member
    edited March 2007
    Freaking awesome sculpture!

Slughorn on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    more_cowbellmore_cowbell Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    OMG nasty. The sculpture just reminded me of how much the lancer looks like a longer version of the bolter gun for space marines from warhammer 40K :!!:.

Chest pad could use some more detail (scratches, lights, weathering, etc) Can't wait to see the finished product.

more_cowbell on
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • Options
    TM2 RampageTM2 Rampage Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Is it just me or does he look less bulky than usual?
    EDIT: Woops, SketchtheArtist said that already

TM2 Rampage on