Options

Can anyone open this file?

deathnote666deathnote666 Registered User regular
edited July 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?p=264936#264936

Can anyone open the zip file located on the above link? I have winzip and a laptop that has vista and a pc that has xp and neither of them can open it.

If you can open it, how?

deathnote666 on

• Options
    ErandusErandus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    No offense, but I dont think a lot of people are going to download a random "problematic" file and try to manipulate or execute it in any way, from a guy with 16 posts to his name.

Nothing personal, but this is probably not the best route to tackle your issue. Can you perhaps post some screenshots of what happens when you try to open it, instead?

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    Both Windows Zip and 7zip error out on it for me.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Okay, FyreWulff apparently will. =)

Have you tried just using the File Compressor tool that comes stock with Windows?

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    winzip says it is not a valid archive and to try downloading it again. i have downloaded it several times and still nothing.

on the forum the link leads to, that user has over 3000 posts on that forum if trust is an issue.

deathnote666 on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Chanus wrote: »

Have you tried just using the File Compressor tool that comes stock with Windows?

what is the stock compressor called/located?

where do you get fyrewulff?

deathnote666 on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    That's because I have a) virus scanner and b) it seems legit since it was posted on an established site by it's administrator.

I'll grab WinRAR and see if that can do anything with it. BTW, I can't even get to a file listing, they just error out as they try to open it.

Also looking at the raw data I can see filenames such as [NAveryW]_prank_calls_from_shinji_ikari_[1].mp3 which matches up with the discussion in the thread..

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    ErandusErandus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Its not a program you run or open, just double clicking the zip file should launch it.

If this is some sort of compressed video file, which is what it looks like from the link, I would guess that zipping it screwed it in some way.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    That's because I have a) virus scanner and b) it seems legit since it was posted on an established site by it's administrator.

I'll grab WinRAR and see if that can do anything with it. BTW, I can't even get to a file listing, they just error out as they try to open it.

Also looking at the raw data I can see filenames such as [NAveryW]_prank_calls_from_shinji_ikari_[1].mp3 which matches up with the discussion in the thread..

it won't let me look at the raw data...

that file you mentioned is hilarious if you can access it.

this file has stuff that was showed on a pannel at a convention.

deathnote666 on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Chanus wrote: »

It's a utility. Just right-click the zip file, then choose "Send To"... should be the first option.

Sounds like it may just be corrupted though, and unable to be unzipped.

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    borkedzip.png

This is what WinRAR shows.

Actually attempting to extract fails, it gives a "damaged or unsupported format" error.

Also, all 3 files CRC32 values are 0000000.

So it looks like the dude needs to use an actual zip program because the Windows one is probably trying to use 'no compression' (basically "let's just lump the files together" mode) and something is breaking. 7zip is free..

edit: basically, it seems like the check values got borked or not written at all so no zip program is going to attempt to unzip it.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    FyreWulff wrote: »

how do you see the raw data?

deathnote666 on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I just opened it up with Notepad, although there are smarter ways to go about doing that.

For comparison, here is a quick file I made with Windows' built in zip, and then opened with WinRAR (a bunch of Halo screenshots plus a couple of videos):

unborked.png

They all have proper check values.

Problem is on the uploader's end, not yours.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    tried opening it with wordpad and got a bunch of this...

PK ¯€Ñ6Hg
    k€[6 ÎP7 4 [Ab] [NAveryW]_prank_calls_from_shinji_ikari_[1].mp3ì{u[Tïûí0ÀÐ5¤tÇÐ (CHÝJ§Hˆ€„)-ÝH£”€”ÊÐ ƒtHHƒÒ=ÇÏ7~çœ7pþ:÷ØûºöµöŠ{= ðÿçÿÏÿËÁ]Õ9 øÔ±²5/Ð »gj…} ø3{ò{ßÑ„q©+Ce   ;kRƒ¹3y.#È:º 3B’c¦‘Ñâ’»¡˜¤ ¹øy~'éòóè'l¾w8=BSÔ³&#144;€EÚªÁ:*ŒoèL€Š …kÁB`LÔ#2à1‚ëå%)€™°ÂÓ ÔÔå¸[žg™¬Ë‹azìà7¼¢ý8ÜyÞc>¥­ê&#129;ìPjy;6÷3“-D¤÷Ìîø<³§&#144;M1‰5÷¯¹ýÀ+Øé kIÈ
    ƒlß×N¸¯…ò&#144;&#129;®½ý½xÁÄþGHŠ;qÀ`v\o=9;ÞëkÆsY¶‚Ûé¶&#144;[¬ª´=#wO—–áEg8ÂBñ*9õ&#141;âß'_°~T&#144;?³¥jù¨{§àßoÃeu÷É‹rÃûàê¬ÌÁpV ´nýÝ›ƒsB4¢Á&#141;±…1€¢Ñý
    ƒu¿×‰#6 ¡ÛsæžÔ€R‚";ª,â4’#Àn\–èA¯=--É*5= o6 ðQœŒ®Íü³$› Çè…û eÅ'QIE&#157; §&#141;í¶=Õ¡GU{[b¨I|Eˆô®öÄ°l‰ìÇRŸ=“ËÞ¤$?/zBô*ö¼Úd«½ª¬æ¶DbøVçÖÓ~?¶}T£b÷ÑÂÖ>ç¸÷Èh “°Ò &#144;²çðROc&#143;iç¾&#141;ÄÝ[ÚÇõl¯E&{ïÎÝ!&#143;/ì1”£Ì]é†>óZ×$Áõ¾¥ø)¾Ž/¡zp;C­Î¢÷¶7 ÷34ÅÐ<;Õ*ÕJJÒlŠí"±Ìo4ËÄ› 7þâ`ÓD}¹ßí-ßûףؿ˜ý1fyêBÜ™Ä\ü &#157;PØ ÍâÁ€¡]…²0PDcW´‰ŒØèéu¥<Ù7{?ž1Ü¿Ó¢ˆ6óÒ£—&#129;Ø
    YÁm½F¿’1<°¥¦6Sé&#143;DÐH[-£õ‡Ÿ×à&#157;_—sh«Iè:“ ÑpÞ&#143;”3ß}$#óèÛê&#143;ôoÍ&yT)“íxIûñXõE)‡ü‚Ä»µ²‡Þ"´&#143;î۷ȾH¼ó’±êV÷v½ûbá<s猟ü&#144;²òêº ÂÕÒåëIúœÞl…ÈéàLjV~öÔ¼>fž¡'x`´Çg“C§Žã“óoxx…?^8BÊf‹°’¾\˜\uH44¹4Š]Ib~â N’?‘Ý°Uî)å[ϯ}çùôSbV­£½fûr©ýîžßàäË3=@%90k™;=K%B?ôÀ—HŸŒÎd2©üÃù¾c[Ì¢¢‘qYéøÉ;ø*¢läy!Bתg¤˜U/•Y(×­[u% ”³:À¾þô†kB’:éÚS,[ädtõƒ×z%à1åŽÄfzzã÷ëIj°dyÀEeS¡Ò ËÜÒÏÒ³÷þTÕü§mOƒgb4‚õµ‹îHÈ¢ßÙÈÍíLЄE&#144;»ÄÑoº›Eù7¶üŸ‰brŒ5ÍqæÀTÖ“]SVÊø–¤ÞŠd×ÑþZÉçz}¾1˜ÍÅD;Ç—&#141;R¼«Ó|¬^¿ßô•Ü;@oah(¯;à£UÁFÌD€­O¯ÿ§ß—çaòiñ+ó"q“Ö¿K&#129;¼…&\.ÎW¢ï¸;ÿv¡Ö§sÓR$Ä%š¯ê_ˆ#郘ª_2Ú©úÿ´Cà$ALd[®ƒá ûHô2&#144; &´CAlhaø…ÒX|O·xȨ/
    ¡"ŒÚÅ’aîÇ“é±Å“%Ñc¡HQ±’w¶3$\&#143;ÛTÖÇ€òãÈ6l/

ðANaˆßGIê\:EDýP‡Çw[èÍôˆðÙÛï¹ì­>έ•‰çÌ
    9Ý2&zøTD]†GL&#129;Õ-¡ûùšÛEéÅ<W8Å&!ñÑÒòý>)CµÕT*ñÌ8ì…úÑX—\›/&#129;äô|%rÍ<!*åûüVa¿ŽÍcR_XD= (f&#144;=ZÝU’>ÑømsÇeóbJòp Nì“üä¥Öà¸r©~¤ö–?Èn2¬õ¾Q²„-éŽÖäÉÐâC—qÆÀr¥imyÏ&#143;w?>0±¹&#157;<¢¢êé5³èþ ØÂø’0R jŒ
    5æv͆˜©¦ñéžnuv&#129;,l Ý;žÍšcv[¨ËÚ²ípÛGiÞG&#143;TاéàFDä¢Í½·Ó—…84-ªiR”rà LÐz®‚À‚¦MƒÞ”5±]é&#143;r$©äÐ'é±lá¡fÐ3ØJZ–cëÝ•\
    XIgÌ9 íGâËz%É#¥
    xüNW>Ïï¤ÐªÞ*뢩îŠ=‚¦O>Ó>8¡<Fž~ P­36΂ ;cQI¬ Àð}͆îUlã—8ǨwG-Âþ'õåÎ%ÍiW<^k4þs=¹ÓÉ«wK¸òCó×cµÁŒyõO­È¯ƒ¿&#157;Þ׬
    œõë°8½ÜUŠÉíÿȳ¨ ¡ËR Ï
    ˉu²ðr6þ/ÇÑêªÅÍ‰Ú fGmlÄ̦´ØŸ®w&ÒÛ?HŠyÆëFça¸‘¡H[V•
    rÕ­§jëý±66 vnê‡6/I£¨–Sì͈•^&#144;ÙVqmÃ&#141;Gyá)` ÚveTS»ê‹Cüû“,†Ç)1¤ø·èÈÊM®(66M­ûÙd
    1ÃÀM&#157;ZË„'
    ½˜p.›Nü!=µÚ`9óµù¾oS¼AŒKµ`¤¡ÞÃ%¯†¬¥Uw»ý/&#157; o«¹¹k9yéÜ($&#141;ŸDlÁâ€?~É&#144;àT_çÙj…ÖŒóëç¦Äõë‹ç[oN]kܪŨ¬Wäúܦ-Ã+á=/Sg®Nü·òªÇéóð¸&#141;&#143;¹M°m5ÌgWŽ?¸ÖÕbPóÎÕâsÏñ‘Ž»¾Föᚘ‘¬â²;«æφ›rëE½ÖV@CV0/HH
    š &#157;C•A’b0œÕ›öº¹¬q„ÇNâM < ê‘Ìñ„uøÑä,Ðå÷Âh‰ºç¼øYVž¡À!©"ÃðXµ$yƒ è‹hŒrš;?aŒ~Ú¼1^*Ö­&#144;ÆŸ×ÛÏ©örQÏë]¸Ûù=t«"XâþÛarEƒ»à"“ÍbÁ'¥²¨0ùÞ‚ö^c]½ËGU;Õ8\Ï Ë¼«åK÷ÃÿÛ•Kš ð‚0?&#144;o)Á…¢¯|Q(ï1õ¹ú
    ÷7ëwïç‰>ˆK‚ŸDI›{µ ~4¶*1{<&#129;ûú=iÓ›j0çÇäðÐî&#157;†àXÚ;Ïbö&#157;_ÈÊþy—&#143;Û;íãóÜ‹~ž%`pñù9“Ù’Ú'¦ÖëÌ%KA?ŽË¬sÜ4Ü ?î/ÇY©òþDqxÀe‡˜ÈÖ\£èV#Ñ ­P˜8’FÈJ„…êqa ÐIñä`,W÷аDJ–CÏ44Š‡ÅÓƒÆC4X
    =v]3O¨„Z9b]¬NŠ|˜^o£¯ò=)‚!ˆ–º‡Á“™úîÇ_ç]¯ÕË¿±&#129;¢l¡ªŽ.ê&#157;ÀÐœ»7éfUl¨¯7§ƒ–\œ\ÜbÓ4†ÖZ„$.üÉÂg÷è©‹e÷õz%¬iYDï•¡‰Bœè
    :4çKŒûܦŒGÀC¾ýBÉÇAü¿Ôen’ \¡5„€
    «;üâ'´à² ãˆ×ºeæâþ¬.ªM4ˆR t*„ßù¸/´´&#144;·Ðm/RŽè[–¬>¬+¦Óxѽ¶Ô”¶pØ5éT&hXõI&#141;{¦Àd—Åã õà0€%žÑ“E£_õ3”„”r<ží &#129;%Ô»ƒÅ³!&#129;A$X*4óàÙ§ˆPÁÙèƒeàëJšXzƒ«ÍÕ&#143;ᘌ©PÙœ‡^ ¼ W¬Ü‡´õ>%=ó>´ì}ÞäÌ–ÕN}u=BÉ´øÙ&#143;º6&#143;—äÿÐl'ƒŽïr¾R}™j2<ZØ *' -Çå÷êG•DRœXôõTÑéÖ/¿£§&#143;gì®j7½S§â3U¦­±„‡­ÁY&#141;h!ëÅý&#141;3ÿmÁŸü·ß|†Ø%&#157;t<9¾·[Ä\Ã[&#157;d&#143;<5lÇÔ&#143;1¿xÏÉ{’°øýB?端ÈnðEÁËWGd&#129;7«íX¡&#129;5!
    ŸóØføFþCz¨'
    ÅVSïþWUÁwÕ/5l#ÏÚ#ÌL°ˆØ¸Ç$&+¢ô*Ñ€®h Þwô!ˆm†×ÊBò'žß®¨¸…b,NZΚA&#157;@Hb=rRPª;°^’YDWh:„Ý·4Z0&#143;w jÛͲ‘Nr¥ž„p˜jOW?x7„mÍ
    »~ï##&#144;rYjïQO×v‰¾¶0šØ1ÔÔÍ&#144;dŠ7MLdÌÑ
    Pâµ×öÀö:þI{m»¼Af•úU¶6¡KÎÚâ9÷î.v£Ÿ(zV½…¢l;OÖ¾J=ŒQL×øÍJ 0½·ž 0ŸÇGM›kÉ-—Y(<ö¾é¸R“Å•¬¾ ²/}ì&#144;y|)çã!9ÐÌðeî̹¥žÑ^:H./qðù†ú‹›}ǽÀ“3{¿}ë¥Kg‘Q–  ?'ßg†ÜQTR6B0í
    ™( ÑIw±Då™á»V±{öc`ZrD,<2¼3¬\ü'”õF±0t?_ËQ+y»­„™TÇ®u¼êjR]óy±œž=&#157;¡ê"ö;&#129;[.™"t¤Xz÷œ<qfí<Å]ôÜ]©"t™DlYÃß

å-§õ§Oá{ƒsJ¡Ö9™Œ¯Ýè9ŠÌNþ±IóA|d'8€çÓ—_œ³€Ö
    &#141;WÇñ{——çUã4±L¯cjßkÔ½´fÿiq8›S\¬|óôi²Ž¡ÞÙâ•×nÃçĵž€G쉘¼Ô&#143;üê›þ`¼~—ׂÁIبÆô’f¬Ûfó³÷U
    nïìîÆ‹%«ªçÅÒãvDO„þ«ª½ûr涊[£º`ˆõ
    «®ÃÐ`jêj:A”Æ·L!(Â:n€óï?k†&#141;à 'ÁõdP4H’xBV5ô„À…X„ó>¶y.„mW,§HQ&#129;í*ªq™ N±f‘V“kRš¥ÜåÚ‰jCôïöÅ£GÇ$ £ÀåŸt1¼ÐÛñ7Œb+&#157; )&#157;Z=ÜƺƇÉ#«Í=óRo§—--À7NfÖÀì׵¿Ë¿vIëÏ,ëMz,ù•1jyl=¾•
    ºå±~·&#143;õ;ï(èÜ&Á‰w]ïRQank€-Y7×Ó5}ªDö¦?¬OæóJ¿lj`ïm¡d&­ú+ Úׇ"Òù)cm´JjËQÚ8¹‹&#143;ï>ýZVKf-ÿþ>ÒsöVñuõÔ fÓæÃò&#143;I{wÓWB_ 3ôÈábQt4œLŸX?ÂP俲×åH¯
    ¦ç5ÍŠ^„ÎÞƒk lK›SJDi…S+íòÚ9w%9)Mªf§d6*¢ÉS€@ µA™?núÚ+œZeò&#143;üSŠ9ÚQõFÝMMI^Ùðu“"ƒå´»“]¬ L”ý°žûòQ{Ö·+Fç/eqíl;¸ÅM׃ÛÏÅì²a
    ±-¯`½'O³ï¸ú}ßO”¾34³!×&k·R2$Z¬GøY¾”DdlOÒ"$Ó¶êæç}§U¹ëk]î¶ü;5c>ûàx›ÌÂÓ>L¤ ÕsÊË&#143;ØýÎÃáï›üyg©£ú“$îW
    çp·ÝŒ»ïKо®Ç×°à,(dgÈ÷®÷UËÜ_¸ñe?Ìù7ÇÁ6XúSg½lœà?m8¬àK¬ºËï:Óì#‘Ù- =°8ò.‚˜d•¨0Áô&ã¿[.#.Ïh&#141;è'Q#<’xöøHeÄ"þ2¹> hDH&#144;4Iæ€äµàªÕÛËŠ|…/©"Gob&#141;¢ošZó"ìòôñâ_„„±„J JZÚ¤DüÊ‚ïÄå˾
    £~ON½;²Èb'°˜P¬íÜ&#144;ÍeI?ˆã…ÚG4âÌK…\,>•:9vÖx„ÌŸ—–Xz½¾IÈ4Yëa4A&#143;Ž<þ^rkIÜ‘ÿg·¨®¡éÌèïWµô&™¦…ìº
    ?T´ƒòµ«
    °ÚKŒé¶”f&#143;¼&#143;,èŒÍÇÕå|äï/CˆAŒñÜ=ÉgJÊf-öü¹kÇä!óÜPe ²3ÄEÃÜ4Ò%
    N–å'³çZô… #£Áè*pQ('Hý
    œÍ
    u"¾›Pæ­Å'xÌVEcXñ™
    €–cá(•‘L¸™âaF%T &#157;…ož^§’;NÏ
    À]©®Ô“ÒX&#144;ìT#é3;.iC]Y-~ŒatÐʬîòe¼„‘£jöâØ+û¨£Ÿ?{vREÔV¯mA“f—·26Gû!¦¿¦´jƨ6[jKêû<hgvùñmûüÌܲv8PlÌ-Ÿò×wÍ÷&>KóܪQBˆ.O"1ûºH^‹¸DÙL §#7TŸ¶—=–Ý—ýxú½Jíõ×”U[»~û)“üZ¹¾ÎÑV£‚>½˜×Å|c¿Ú}4!¼¦8!@kž;†µbæOÖÞt‡rV ;ä†ú¨¡DÔο×UK&#157;Õ²³)ÝZ±a×1d"[þ«ªpŤ„ ð(XÔ†ÁŠ/ND¾‡ð"±§J’‘%²âèÂ3ÛÀ÷†Ô5#*Á©&#144;"–ðĪ%âÏK¦=®lÃþ¨ÂLˆ‹}îIÄ\1“ò™Á•˜ã ¤ó™äÄ}Îì|:Ì4wÂB)†À ¸Ió·Œfí˜Ê`ÂqÚ¹ê
    Kœc«„ªÚ÷ c&†´mVŸž6Éh¤t(0

thanks for the help guys! let me know if any of you make a breakthrough.

deathnote666 on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I think it's a recipe for the world's best egg salad. =)

Chanus on
  • Options
    TrentusTrentus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So, I've had some success with The Unarchiver on OSX. It errors out when trying to extract rebuild_2.0_trailer_2[xvid].avi, complaining that the archive is incomplete. As far as I can tell, the other two files are fine (though I didn't listen to all of the shinji prank call). I can upload what I have to somewhere if you'd like (note that it could take damn near forever. Shitty uni res internet with obscenely low up... something like 24kbit).

Trentus on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Trentus wrote: »
    So, I've had some success with The Unarchiver on OSX. It errors out when trying to extract rebuild_2.0_trailer_2[xvid].avi, complaining that the archive is incomplete. As far as I can tell, the other two files are fine (though I didn't listen to all of the shinji prank call). I can upload what I have to somewhere if you'd like (note that it could take damn near forever. Shitty uni res internet with obscenely low up... something like 24kbit).

i would appreciate it if you did. the prank call if nothing else please.

deathnote666 on
  • Options
    TrentusTrentus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Alrighty. Sorry about the wait. That took forever.

So I've just re-zipped everything I managed to extract and upped that. It seems to extract cleanly for me, so hopefully you don't have any issues with this one.

Linky (note: I'll probably delete this some time next week).

Edit: Upped the prank call separately just in case there is a problem with that zip. Linky.

Trentus on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    *hugs*

deathnote666 on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    anyone know how to open a DS_Store file or if it can be opened?

deathnote666 on
  • Options
    MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    anyone know how to open a DS_Store file or if it can be opened?

there's nothing in it, it's just what OS X's filesystem creates for showing thumbnails. you wouldn't be able to see that if you were on OS X, it's like windows' Thumbs.DB

Monoxide on