As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DnD 4e] Monster Cards

kingworkskingworks Registered User regular
edited August 2009 in Critical Failures
Long time PA-reader, first time poster.

I have created and posted 4e Monster Cards on the Kingworks Creative Blog. There are complete sets for the following books:

Monster Manual 1
Open Grave
Dungeon Delve
Manual of the Planes
and I've started on Monster Manual 2 (Levels 1-3; Levels 4-6)

They are formatted to fit on a 6" x 4" index card and, for the most part, have the following layout:
Monster-Card-02-sample.jpg
(Some of the earlier cards from MM1 have a slightly different layout in the side column.)

I am happy to make and offer these completely free of charge, but ask that users own a copy of the material they are downloading for, in order to avoid copyright infringement.

Feedback and constructive criticism are always welcome.

Enjoy!

kingworks on

• Options
    edited July 2009
    Levels 7 - 9 of Monster Manual 2 are now available

If you want to know about new sets as soon as they hit the web:
    twitter_button.jpg

kingworks on
  • Options
    JivesJives Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    isn't this some form of copyright infringement?

Jives on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I am very pleased to announce that Monster Cards will now be available as editable pdf's! :mrgreen:

http://kingworkscreative.blogspot.com/2009/08/dnd-editable-monster-cards-mm2-levels-1.html

kingworks on
  • Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Jives wrote: »
    isn't this some form of copyright infringement?

Definitely some kind of copyright infringement. Isn't this against the board rules as well? I like the conditions and the concept behind the initiative table (takes up too much space as-is), but there's a reason all those monsters are only in the books or insider subscriptions.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    It's a grey area, similar to anime fan subs. He's providing a service that WotC does not yet provide (monster cards in a printable electronic format), and he's not making any money on that service.

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The matter of infringement isn't gray (he's releasing a major chunk of D&D's monster information along with a card format when a blank template would mostly suffice. Otherwise WotC would make the Compendium free, for one thing), and I'm pretty sure PA policy has a problem with distributing others' property for non-profit is the current question.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I've taken down the links on my blog. I will no longer be producing Monster Cards.

kingworks on
  • Options
    delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    When you get your blank template finished up, I'm sure several people would like to see it if you don't mind posting it here.

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23