As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New to SLI on XP, quick question

undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
edited September 2009 in Moe's Stupid Technology Tavern
So, I did some looking around on the internet for a bit, but really couldn't find a conclusive answer to my question, which is pretty simple. If I have a dual monitor setup (running off of both outputs of my first video card), can I also run SLI at the same time? The nVidia control panel makes it seem like I can't, as when I enable SLI, one monitor loses display. Is there a way to have it so SLI is on, or at least turns on for games and such, and still have my dual monitor setup without having to go into the nVidia control panel every time I play a game?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
undeinPirat on

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    SLI used to not support dual monitor (or multiple monitor) output.

But I'm fairly certain that was corrected in an earlier update to the drivers? Are you using the most recent drivers?

Synthesis on
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Synthesis wrote: »
    SLI used to not support dual monitor (or multiple monitor) output.

But I'm fairly certain that was corrected in an earlier update to the drivers? Are you using the most recent drivers?

Yes, updating them was the first thing I did.

However, I kept researching and it seems that the support nVidia added (http://www.slizone.com/object/sli_multi_monitor.html) only works on Vista and Windows 7. Guess it's more incentive for me to upgrade to 7 when it comes out.

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ah, did not know that Nvidia decided not include it for their XP software version.

Lame. In any case, now you know.

Synthesis on