As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PA Fanart

ZatransisZatransis Registered User new member
edited March 2007 in Artist's Corner
I haven't posted on here in ages but I still stop by the site every other day. I did this pic since I picked up the three books a couple days ago and felt like giving it a try. Hope the gang likes it!

PA.jpg

M!

Zatransis on

• Options
    Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Well I mean, it's not like Tycho or Gabe ever stop by here to check or anything, but it's cool nonetheless.... though I get the feeling that the tops of their heads seem to end a bit too low...

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Yeah, I didn't post it here to get them to see it. I assumed that people who post in this forum may be fans of PA. Crazy, I know. Hehe.

I should have mentioned that I didn't want to do a complete copy of their style. So there are small alterations.

Thanks for the comment Tweaked!

M!

Zatransis on
  • Options
    SublimusSublimus Artist. nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Not bad, I dig it. But the hands seem a bit pudgy for some reason. With some clean inking and colors, this would look even better.

Sublimus on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    To be honest, this might have been better suited for the doodle thread rather than warranting it's own topic.

Godfather on
  • Options
    Kewop DecamKewop Decam Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    guy on the right, his thumb is too small. Imagine if he bent it and how awkward it would look.

Also, the teeth. Pick a style.... either draw all the teeth in, none of the teeth, or draw them half way. Don't pick two different styles for one thing cause it looks weird to have the back teeth drawn in and the rest just all melded together as one. I think drawing them half way in for the back would suit your style better.

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Here it is in color now.

PAC.jpg

M!

Zatransis on
  • Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Huh... that's actually pretty good..

TheBog on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Not a huge fan of the gray shadows, but not bad overall. I think the drawing is stronger than the coloring, though.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    SublimusSublimus Artist. nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    The hair gloss looks bad on Tycho, especially because it doesn't appear to be following the form.

Sublimus on
  • Options
    kelsithkelsith Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I think its very good ( at least better than i could do ) well i do agree that the shine on tycho's hair is not very good, it's like a pile of mud to the side of a perfect lawn, but overall the drawing is very good

kelsith on
    My Favourite Quotes:

#1: I believe there should be laws but i should be able to bend them to my will like OJ simpson -- me

#2: Oh jeleousy thats what that feeling was and for a moment i thought it was pitty silley me -- CAD
  • Options
    dj snyderdj snyder Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Style looks great, only reservation I have is their expressions seem out-of-character to me

P.S. kel I live in Santa Cruz holy poopies

dj snyder on
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    dj snyder wrote: »
    Style looks great, only reservation I have is their expressions seem out-of-character to me

I actually like it for that same reason. If we wanted in character expressions, we'd read the comic. I think Fan Art is cool for branching out the chararacters into different genres, like that picture Tycho posted of being all anime and ninjaed out.

MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    Gravity and PunishmentGravity and Punishment Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    dj snyder wrote: »

Lol, Half Moon Bay.
    Great drawing, too!

Gravity and Punishment on
    "I assure you, your distaste only reveals your ignorance."
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I didn't even notice the hair gloss was off until you pointed that out.

Even so the more I look at it the more I like it. The expressions are my favorite part, especailly Tycho's. It looks like Tycho's evil(er?) twin or something.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    The highlights in the hair doesn't make a lick of sense. In the lineart it wasn't so obvious, but in the colored one it is glaring.

earthwormadam on