As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

About the swag...

ShallowSarcasmShallowSarcasm Registered User regular
edited September 2009 in PAX Archive
GAMERS ARE FAT

I would have REALLY liked to see 2XL shirts being offered at booths. You think they'd have prepared better. Some booths even had a max size of L.

Fat guys unite!

ShallowSarcasm on

• Options
    NeoNeo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I really wished they didn't assume we were all fat. The smallest some booths offered were Large. Stock more Medium's for us smaller gamers and they would fit more of the ladies as well. My choices were often L or XL

Neo on
    -- This space for rent --
  • Options
    Fire!Fire! Registered User new member
    edited September 2009
    Don't forget that there were also kids and teenagers there. I saw a father who became very happy when he found out that he was about to get a shirt for his 8 year old daughter.

Fire! on
  • Options
    BlackvigilBlackvigil Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Not all gamers are large, but some are. I am the size of a line backer, and like a loose shirt sometimes. I found several 2X shirts. (about 6) I got a bunch of XL's, which fit fine also. The few booths that had only L or M, I just got them to give to my wife or friends. No biggy... Free is free.

Blackvigil on
  • Options
    FerquinFerquin Snorlax Renton, WA, USARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The Capcom booth had a 2x of the MegaMan 9 box art shirt. Sadly, they sold out just before I got there to purchase said shirt. The 1x is gonna be a teeny bit snug... :(

Ferquin on
    Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    On the subject of sizes, I was extremely happy that most booths had small shirts available. I've had problems with this in the past and really appreciated it.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    SardocasmSardocasm Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Sumi wrote: »
    On the subject of sizes, I was extremely happy that most booths had small shirts available. I've had problems with this in the past and really appreciated it.

As was I. Far too often promotional shirts are only available in L-2xl and either of those would look like a tent on my skinny frame.

Sardocasm on
  • Options
    unlessunless Registered User new member
    edited September 2009
    Sardocasm wrote: »

As was I. Far too often promotional shirts are only available in L-2xl and either of those would look like a tent on my skinny frame.

Thirded. I could use a 2xl shirt as a sleeping bag, and l isn't much better.

unless on
  • Options
    shadowobsessedshadowobsessed Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    unless wrote: »
    Sardocasm wrote: »

Thirded. I could use a 2xl shirt as a sleeping bag, and l isn't much better.

Fourth'd. I tend to wear a women's small or medium at largest, and I extremely appreciated the range of sizes this year! :D

shadowobsessed on
  • Options
    Royale Wih CheeseRoyale Wih Cheese Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I guess a better way to say it is "gamers are EXTREME". We fat guys should totally unite!

Roughly half of the booths got it when I'd ask for a Double Extra Medium :-P

Royale Wih Cheese on
  • Options
    DarkcartoonDarkcartoon Registered User new member
    edited September 2009
    Lucas arts gave me broken swag!

and by that i mean that i went to the old republic demo on saturday, got a free copy of KOTOR to download to my machine. but when i downloaded an installed it it was glicthing all to hell. completely unplayable at this point.

Darkcartoon on
  • Options
    parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Im not fat.

parabola on
  • Options
    Firestorm88Firestorm88 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    They ordered way too many XL shirts compared to others =[ I need M or L but most only had XL left when I got to them.

Firestorm88 on
  • Options
    Queen BrewerQueen Brewer Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    From looking around at PAX I think that the greatest number of people were probably Large size. That's the only reason I'm not complaining that I couldn't get any smalls. However, I'm pretty sure there were more S/M guys than 2XL guys. Obesity is not as prevalent at PAX as stereotypes would suggest, even if many of us are less cut than some non-gamers. Companies do know their audience IMHO.

Queen Brewer on
    <Moe_Fwacky> once i had next door neighbors
    <Moe_Fwacky> nice girls
    <Moe_Fwacky> lesbians
    <Moe_Fwacky> robbed drugstores together
  • Options
    proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    parabola wrote: »
    Im not fat.

youre so fat

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    algorhythm3.14algorhythm3.14 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    What about the booths where XL was the SMALLEST or ONLY size?!

Rather than massively generalizing gamers I think we should agree that more size variety is needed.

algorhythm3.14 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FellinaFellina Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Rather than massively generalizing gamers I think we should agree that more size variety is needed.

meh, my theory is if the size is too large then just wear it for jammies. If it's too small then give it to friends. I'm just happy to stuff my swag bag with freebies. :)

It would be kind of fun to have a t-shirt trade area next year. A designated spot where people can trade shirts for different sizes/brands.

Fellina on
  • Options
    StarYoshiStarYoshi Game Designer / Data Scientist USARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The Zalman shirt I got was unwearable due to its large size. Had to ditch it :(

StarYoshi on
    Attendance
    PAX Prime / PAX Dev 2014
    PAX Prime 2013
    PAX Prime 2009
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Fellina wrote: »

meh, my theory is if the size is too large then just wear it for jammies. If it's too small then give it to friends. I'm just happy to stuff my swag bag with freebies. :)

It would be kind of fun to have a t-shirt trade area next year. A designated spot where people can trade shirts for different sizes/brands.

You're right. Free is free, and is appreciated regardless of size. It's just a little bit better when you can actually wear it. :D

Sumi on
  • Options
    MushroomsMushrooms Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    GIRLS EXIST TO!!

I only managed to get one size small (and its still to big) from the Tribes booth, THANKS!

OR

have a few cute camis for us ladies, they cost less than T-shirts even!

My favorite free swag I got is my Pink Godzilla plushie :D:D:D

Mushrooms on
    All shalt feel the wrath of the all-mighty POINTY KITTY OF DOOOOOM!!
    purrrrrrrrrrrrr*snuggle*
  • Options
    chrisstiechrisstie Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm a lady gamer and would have liked to see larger women's sizes. A typical ladies XL runs small on me simply because my boobs are too big and make it tight and/or the graphic looks all stretched out (who wants a flattened mario face on their chest or for megaman to look like he's fighting against the gravity of jupiter. 2xl ladies would totally rock!

chrisstie on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Mushrooms wrote: »
    GIRLS EXIST TO!!

I only managed to get one size small (and its still to big) from the Tribes booth, THANKS!

OR

have a few cute camis for us ladies, they cost less than T-shirts even!

My favorite free swag I got is my Pink Godzilla plushie :D:D:D

"Omg look at this awesome swag!" *steals*

Kidding. Though retailers have to be careful when everyone is swag happy. Someone walked away with the RvB dvd collection and Gus had to chase after them. I don't know if they were actually being a thief or just really slow.

Sumi on
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    chrisstie wrote: »
    I'm a lady gamer and would have liked to see larger women's sizes. A typical ladies XL runs small on me simply because my boobs are too big and make it tight and/or the graphic looks all stretched out (who wants a flattened Mario face on their chest or for Megaman to look like he's fighting against the gravity of Jupiter. 2xl ladies would totally rock!

You are soo correct on this, but I find that sometimes (depending on style/fabric of shirt) that XL of men's will do well.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    TeenychickaTeenychicka Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The shirts are always way too big for me, but I'll either make a duvet cover out of the awesome ones or cut it up to fit me like a tank top. There are options!

Teenychicka on
    8502184533758290.gif OH YEAH!
  • Options
    trickycooljtrickycoolj Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I really appreciated the vendors who came with ladies' sizes this year. I remember last year there was only one men's medium I came home with and I desperately tried to give away the others I had collected since they were too big for even jammies.

This year I found lots of smalls and ladies' sizes and asked for a small at a booth and got a ladies small. Whoa it's like a kids shirt but neat!

Also, props to the vendors who had really neat looking/tasteful shirts, the Bethesda shirts come to mind, they didn't even look like the typical giant logo free shirts. I just might feel more inclined to wear them for things that aren't sleeping/exercising/house painting!

trickycoolj on
  • Options
    redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Could it possibly be that said missing sizes just...ran out? It happens. I found booths that didn't have larges, I assume because a bunch of large people grabbed up all of these large shirts.

Individuals are fat, as individuals are skinny as well. Please don't perpetuate stereotypes.

redhalo on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    can't you just shrink the XL's in the wash to your size?

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    chrisstiechrisstie Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    chrisstie wrote: »
    I'm a lady gamer and would have liked to see larger women's sizes. A typical ladies XL runs small on me simply because my boobs are too big and make it tight and/or the graphic looks all stretched out (who wants a flattened Mario face on their chest or for Megaman to look like he's fighting against the gravity of Jupiter. 2xl ladies would totally rock!

You are soo correct on this, but I find that sometimes (depending on style/fabric of shirt) that XL of men's will do well.

I'm glad I'm not the only one - but I did go with the men's XL of the snail/cat/squirrel castle crasher's shirt and *love* it!

chrisstie on
  • Options
    KaneKane Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I could only FIND medium shirts. Got no shirts this year. :(

Kane on
  • Options
    Spokane_SnowManSpokane_SnowMan Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I saw booths with sizes down to smalls, other booths had 2 and 3x

Just had to hunt them down.

Spokane_SnowMan on