As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East Hotel

ScubaKevScubaKev Registered User regular
edited September 2009 in PAX Archive
I booked a hotel via Hotwire - I am not affiliated with Hotewire or BetterBidding but have had good luck with both.

I got a good hotel, good rate, but as this is Hotwire the specific hotel is not guaranteed but this one seems pretty consistent. It's about 1 mile from the conference if you can handle that... I posted my details

http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showtopic=82861&

Hard to beat for a good hotel at $99, it seems.

ScubaKev

ScubaKev on

• Options
    HATEHATE Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    With the amount of time you actually spend in the hotel room you might consider going the route or a Hostel instead of a full blown Hotel. I know from the experience in Seattle I was only in the room sleeping for about 4-5 hours a night and the rest of the time I was out and about at the conference or hanging at clubs/party's with other people at the con.

If you look up Boston Hostels on the google you'll find some very close to the convention center and in between 25 and 40 dollars a night.

- HATE

HATE on
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
    2009 Omeganaut
  • Options
    ScubaKevScubaKev Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I didn't think of a hostel, but for two of us (the missus and me) by the time we pay for a hostel we would practically be at the cost of a hotel, I think (plus we like our privacy). This hotel has comfortable beds, a place to park the car if we drive, a pool, etc.

Also, we probably won't hit the show quite as hard as you do (and I like my 8 hours of good sleep). But for a single person, a hostel probably does make sense unless you can get 2-4 people together to foot the bill of a hotel.

ScubaKev on
  • Options
    ViralwhiteViralwhite Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The Midtown hotel is offering $139/first two nights and the third FREE. Pretty good deal if you ask me.

Viralwhite on
    Max sig size 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    signature.jpg
  • Options
    benswimmingbenswimming PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Viralwhite wrote: »
    The Midtown hotel is offering $139/first two nights and the third FREE. Pretty good deal if you ask me.

FYI. This does not work.... I tried it. They told me the hotel is blacked out those dates for the third free night and they will charge you for the 3rd night..... So if you booked this expecting it to be honored I would call up and complain...

benswimming on
    PAX EAST 2011 Omeganaut
    Twitter: sweeneyben
    XBL: Disco Ball
  • Options
    ViralwhiteViralwhite Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Called and spoke with staff. For me anyways, they are honoring this deal.

Viralwhite on
    Max sig size 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    signature.jpg
  • Options
    WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Okay, on the PAX site, it says that you can buy 1, 2, 3, or 4 occupant rooms. We want to place 4 in a room and it looks like you can only ask for double beds... I want to have 4 people to a room, should I just get the single occupancy, or the quad?

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I would think this question answers itself but.... the quad

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Oh noez... I only did a duo... is it possible to upgrade it at Check-in or something? Didn't know the occupants were coming until now :D.

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • Options
    benswimmingbenswimming PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Oh noez... I only did a duo... is it possible to upgrade it at Check-in or something? Didn't know the occupants were coming until now :D.

upgrade now if you want, or don't to save money. A quad will get you a bigger room, but if people don't mind sleeping on the floor/air mattress' keep the smaller room, and save money!

As of right now I have 4 going, we have a duo room. we will only upgrade to the quad if we have more then 4 going.

benswimming on
    PAX EAST 2011 Omeganaut
    Twitter: sweeneyben
    XBL: Disco Ball
  • Options
    StarYoshiStarYoshi Game Designer / Data Scientist USARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Recommendations for a solid hotel under $200/night, preferably in the $150 and lower range, that's within a mile of the convention center? I've been looking at the Charlesmark which looks decent, or thinking of splurging on the Lenox... Went with the Crown Royal in Seattle and it wasn't worth the price of admission. Proximity is the most important criteria for me :)

StarYoshi on
    Attendance
    PAX Prime / PAX Dev 2014
    PAX Prime 2013
    PAX Prime 2009
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    StarYoshi wrote: »
    Recommendations for a solid hotel under $200/night, preferably in the $150 and lower range, that's within a mile of the convention center? I've been looking at the Charlesmark which looks decent, or thinking of splurging on the Lenox... Went with the Crown Royal in Seattle and it wasn't worth the price of admission. Proximity is the most important criteria for me :)

I booked myself a duo in a Sheraton, not the most renounced in 5 star accommodations, but the place looks decent. Price is going at $169/night, but $229 for the quad :(

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited September 2009
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »

That's where I booked it originally! Not booked through PAX, not the feeling of a genuine PAX trip.

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • Options
    StarYoshiStarYoshi Game Designer / Data Scientist USARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »

Booked through there and got the Crown Royal in SEA. Wasn't satisfied with the service =/ (of the hotel or site) I'm eyeballing the Lenox right now, but it's a bit steep... might have to get a friend to come again. :'(

StarYoshi on
    Attendance
    PAX Prime / PAX Dev 2014
    PAX Prime 2013
    PAX Prime 2009
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Moe can we get a hotel poll up for PAX East?

I am trying to decided between the Hilton and the Sheraton.
    I think the Hilton looks nicer and it is .5 blocks farther and $20 a night more expensive than the Sheraton.
    I also like the desk chair in the Hilton rooms...
    I would like to know how many of my peeps are going to stay in the Hilton or Sheraton.

Sheraton
    Hilton

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited September 2009
    We can get a hotel poll when we get a hotel thread with a proper OP.

edit: and now we have one http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=101294

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    StarYoshi wrote: »

The Lenox is nice, I haven't be in the Charlesmark. The difference in distance is only a block so that won't matter that much.

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
This discussion has been closed.