Options

Dr. Horrible Lab Coat

AlyceInWonderlandAlyceInWonderland Registered User regular
edited October 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Any one know where I can find a relatively cheap lab coat similar to the one Dr. Horrible wears....... in time for halloween?

I'm having a helluva time finding it.

AlyceInWonderland on

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    you likely have a medical supply store where you live. I would start there.

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    He wears a Howie Coat. They aren't terribly common any more but dark mayo is right, a medical supply shop may have them. Else, your best bet is brick-and-mortor costume shop in your area.

I wouldn't trust delivery to come before saturday.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Oh just saw that your location is NY. If you can get to Manhattan, try Halloween Adventure in Union Square. They had literally everything (Including a lifesize Han Solo in Carbonite). Just bought my costume on Sunday.

(212) 673-4546

Deebaser on
  • Options
    TachTach Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Jeebus, that's creepy, Alyce. I was just doing a websearch on the same thing.

I can't find any medical clothing supply shops locally yet, though. May have to half-ass it with a Halloween lab-coat. Lame.

Tach on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Have you tried shops around Unis?

I don't know what it's like in the US, but at the Unis I've been at in the UK the university shop sells lab coats as students need them for science courses.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, I tried pretty much everything. I called up some places in the city too and they're all fucking out of stock. I'm thinking about just next daying a regular old lab coat and modifying it... somehow. I have the goggles, boots and gloves though.

AlyceInWonderland on
  • Options
    SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I too have been having trouble finding this coat.

Sceptre on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    or actually, better yet, could someone link me to a long lab coat with just..next day shipping!?

Just a full length lab coat, that i can order and get by halloween or something. ffffffffffffffffff.

AlyceInWonderland on
  • Options
    John MatrixJohn Matrix Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The coat itself is a costume from Firefly. Remember the episode where they break into the hospital to steal supplies while the Doc scans River's brain? All the doctors are wearing them.

Check http://doctorhorrible.net/ when it's back up, they have a pretty good costume section that talks all about the costumes.

John Matrix on
  • Options
    DoctorstrongbadDoctorstrongbad Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    You can find them at any medical supply place. Check out ebay as well.

Doctorstrongbad on
  • Options
    tech_huntertech_hunter More SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Try thrift stores

tech_hunter on
    Sig to mucho Grande!
  • Options
    Namel3ssNamel3ss Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I am actually dressed as Dr. Horrible typing this, I looked high and low. I found the perfect one, but they were back ordered for weeks past halloween and it was $140. I eventually settled on a 'mad scientist' costume lab coat I found on Amazon.com (I can't seem to find it again for the link). Good luck. Also, I couldn't find an iron on caduceus anywhere, if anyone has any ideas?

Namel3ss on
    May the wombat of happiness snuffle through your underbrush.
  • Options
    MyiagrosMyiagros Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Seeing this thread made me remember that I own a Captain Hammer t-shirt so that will be my costume as I already have the same hair length/colour and build and Fillion. Only thing I need help finding is the gloves. No clue where to look for them.

Myiagros on
    iRevert wrote: »
    Because if you're going to attempt to squeeze that big black monster into your slot you will need to be able to take at least 12 inches or else you're going to have a bad time...
    Steam: MyiagrosX27
  • Options
    Namel3ssNamel3ss Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Myiagros wrote: »
    Seeing this thread made me remember that I own a Captain Hammer t-shirt so that will be my costume as I already have the same hair length/colour and build and Fillion. Only thing I need help finding is the gloves. No clue where to look for them.

I don't work out, I'm just naturally like this.

Namel3ss on
    May the wombat of happiness snuffle through your underbrush.
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    You can find them at any medical supply place. Check out ebay as well.

Not in my experience. The style of Dr. Horrible's coat is really unusual (I think it's old.) When I was looking last year the only online stores with that style were in England.

admanb on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, so I settled on just a regular old labcoat, but everything else is spot on, so I think we'll be good.

Also, NameL3ss- Why don't you just draw the caduceus on with sharpie, or paint or something? It's a simple design.

The Howie Style lab coat is ridiculously hard to find, so...bah. Ah well. I tried, but I think I got close enough.

AlyceInWonderland on