As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hauppauge PVR-250 video problem -- hardware or software?

ThornMartinThornMartin Registered User regular
edited March 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Recently, I ordered a used Hauppauge PVR-250 from Ebay. When I got it, I promptly installed it and the newest drivers/apps on my Windows box. After about 5 minutes of good video, it ended up doing the following on every channel:

pvrProb.jpg

In addition, the video freezes in both WinTV2K and WinTV32 after a few seconds, requiring me to close the application and restart it -- resulting in the video freezing again after a few seconds.

So, I'm wondering if this is likely a hardware issue, in which case I'll seek a refund from the seller. Otherwise, if it's a software issue, does anyone have any advice on how to remedy this?

My intention is to eventually use this in a MythTV box, but first I would like to know it works correctly.

ThornMartin on

• Options
    MrOlettaMrOletta Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I would suggest http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/

They'd be much more qualified to help you, though I hope someone here can solve it quickly.

MrOletta on
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I have one of these... I have NEVER seen anything like that. A few questions.

What kind of video drivers do you have installed. Do you have any weird video programs installed? Do you have WinDVD installed?

I am somewhat torn here since it really seems like a hardware thing... but that pattern is surprisingly clear and geometric. So try and find a better MPEG-2 driver first.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    ThornMartinThornMartin Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I'm not exactly sure why, but upon moving the card to a different PCI slot, the problem disappeared. So, this is solved. Thanks for the replies.

ThornMartin on