Options

Any San Diegans here see that thing on Border Field Park on 10 news?

rayofashrayofash Registered User regular
edited November 2009 in Debate and/or Discourse
I know there's a lot of San Diegans here, maybe you guys know something about it.

Border Field State Park "Women, Children Raped In County's 'Most Dangerous Area'": http://www.10news.com/news/21646903/detail.html

These rumors have been going on for years, but there's never been any evidence or investigation. If this happens as often as they say it does, why has nobody come forward about it? Why has there been no investigation? If you walk through Border Field Park you do see a ton of underwear and pants strewn all over the place, if it isn't true who's placing them there and why? And if it is, why has there been no investigation?

The video seems highly sensationalized and looks like a grab for ratings. She did not need to wear a bullet proof vest, it's just the frikkin' border.
The women and their families give their life savings to human smugglers

It's the border to San Diego, you don't need to be smuggled in! The whole thing makes no sense.

Also: http://www.borderfieldstatepark.com/ This was where I first heard about it several years ago. It's quite hateful.

rayofash on

• Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    This strikes me as a cheap tactic to attract attention to and cause widespread fear of immigrants.

Because immigrants are clearly drug traffickers who are also in the habit of raping 12 years olds to death.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I've heard of Border Field State Park, but I've never heard of this.

Even if it's true (which I doubt), that is a crappy article. The bulk of the info comes from Carl Braun of the "Border Patrol Auxiliary", which "assists" the actual Border Patrol. Then there's one claim that's attributed to "authorities," and a quote from someone else that sounds only peripherally related to the topic of the article and taken out of context. The bulletproof vests thing is dumb IMO.

It's even poorly copyedited. "It is so dangerous 10News crews had to put on bulletproof vests before entering the area near Boulevard."

Yougottawanna on
  • Options
    rayofashrayofash Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Exactly, the whole thing seems fabricated out of thin air.

Edit: http://www.hspig.org/bpaux/
    We are not affiliated in any way with the US Government or the Department of Homeland Security though, our sponsoring organization, the Homeland Security Policy Institute Group is one of a handful of private sector organizations permitted to use the DHS logo and receives the DHS daily Bulletin.
    Q;Is BPAUX affiliated with the Department of Homeland Security?
    A;No. BPAUX works within the umbrella of Homeland Security Policy Institute Group, Inc, a private sector not for profit corporation and the auxiliary is one of it’s projects at this time. Its goal is to educate and connect the citizen and their efforts to DHS through a seamless interface.

It looks like all they do is call the Border Patrol (if even that, I can't find anything that says they do field work) if they see something suspicious and have no actual authority over anything. o_O

It says they are in "the recruitment and fund raising phase" of their project.

rayofash on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So.... Minutemen with a new name then?
    I'm originally from San Diego (Chula Vista, actually) and while I was stationed there, Border Park wasn't on the black list (list of places where you're not allowed to go while inthe miltary for various reasons. Punishments can include a stern talking to, all the way up to non-judical punishment).

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg