As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tail light oddity.

ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get alongRegistered User regular
edited April 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm almost certain my car has a short in it somewhere but at the moment I need a fix to a more immediate problem. I've changed the bulbs in my tail lights numerous times and they continue to go out. Now, even with brand new bulbs, when I hit my brakes they don't light up. If my headlights are off they light up but if my headlights are on meaning my tail lights are on the brakelights don't show when you hit the brakes. Are the bulbs so bright that they can't be seen when I hit my brakes? I don't want to have to deal with the cops on this one down the road so I'd like to figure out how to get my shit back to normal.

Shogun on

• Options
    clsCorwinclsCorwin Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Check your fuses, thats much more likely than a short. And much cheaper.

clsCorwin on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    clsCorwin wrote: »
    It sounds like he's saying they work when the taillights are off, but not when they're on.

Shogun, when you break with the headlights/taillights off, does it look the same as it does if you just turn your headlights/taillights on? If that's the case, yeah, probably a fuse.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Thanatos wrote: »
    It sounds like he's saying they work when the taillights are off, but not when they're on.

Shogun, when you break with the headlights/taillights off, does it look the same as it does if you just turn your headlights/taillights on? If that's the case, yeah, probably a fuse.

Yes this is the case. Would this be interior box or the engine fuse box? I'll start hunting and see what turns up.

Shogun on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Shogun wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »

Yes this is the case. Would this be interior box or the engine fuse box? I'll start hunting and see what turns up.
    Interior box. At least, that's where it is in my 1990 Honda, which is really all I have experience with.

Thanatos on