As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

LUMINES TOURNAMENT INFORMATION

Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
edited August 2005 in PAX Archive
We've been getting a ton of mail from people saying they want a Lumines tourney, so here you go:

When: Saturday, 10 AM signups, 10:30 AM Start. Should be done by 1 PM.
Where: 2nd Floor Walkway, you'll hear the announcement on the intercom as well.
What to bring: Your PSP and a copy of Lumines.
Tournament Details: 64 Person, Single Elim. First two rounds are one song sudden death. Coin flip determines who chooses song.

Remaining rounds are best two of three songs. 3rd song choice is determined by coin flip.

This tournament will be run by the Stormy. :)

Some guy.
Robert Khoo on

• Options
    Storm ShadowStorm Shadow Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Also, there will be a great deal of prizes given out at this tournament. Also, the grand prize will be one of THESE:

ThreeAmigosvsm.jpg

pspstand1vsm.jpg

dun dun dun

Storm Shadow on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2005
    A SHINY METALLIC TRIANGULAR THING!

YAY!

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited August 2005
    They're delicious PSP stands, actually. Stormy made me one for my phone to it is quite functional and hot. :)

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2005
    O-M-G!!!

I am so maybe in...
    but does khoo get to play... cuz I hear his psp has gots hax yo!

futility on
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited August 2005
    I would like to register for this.

Right now.

This very moment.

And then I'd joke about how I've never played multi-dude Lumines, and, in fact, don't even know how to pronounce "Lumines". Loo-men-ess? Loo-meens? Loo-mines? Seriously.

Whippy on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2005
    I would like to register for this.

Right now.

This very moment.

And then I'd joke about how I've never played multi-dude Lumines, and, in fact, don't even know how to pronounce "Lumines". Loo-men-ess? Loo-meens? Loo-mines? Seriously.

I didn't think you had a PSP.

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    You never asked!

You can borrow it if you want. I only have Lumines. I want some Wipeout...and Darkstalkers...and Coded Arms...and....other stuff...(ape escape)...but they're all so damn expensive. Have to save for the trip and all that, you know.

...why? Did you get me one?

Because I like to think everyone who looked hard enough could find a good reason to give me a free PSP.

Whippy on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    You never asked!

You can borrow it if you want. I only have Lumines. I want some Wipeout...and Darkstalkers...and Coded Arms...and....other stuff...(ape escape)...but they're all so damn expensive. Have to save for the trip and all that, you know.

Because I like to think everyone who looked hard enough could find a good reason to give me a free PSP.

I never saw you as a PSP-type.

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    Should I be offended by that? Was that an affront to my (admittedly)fading manhood?

I guess I'm not the specific PSP-type, just more of a ''shiny new things'' guy. Though I've got the whole cold, dead exterior thing going, inside beats the pure heart of a lifetime gamer. I couldn't give this shit up if I tried.

Whippy on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    Should I be offended by that? Was that an affront to my (admittedly)fading manhood?

I guess I'm not the specific PSP-type, just more of a ''shiny new things'' guy. Though I've got the whole cold, dead exterior thing going, inside beats the pure heart of a lifetime gamer. I couldn't give this shit up if I tried.

I would make more comments, but this isn't the time nor place.

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    Come on, banter with me! We were exchanging barbs!

Whippy on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    Come on, banter with me! We were exchanging barbs!

Not here.

Now, excuse me while I take Cathy's puppy for a walk...

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    You are no fun, mister.

Whippy on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    Khoo will be far too busy I'm afraid, but lucky for you guys. He's hardwired for that game. His lady is a formidable opponent in her own right, so look out. She has an excellent sensei, after all.

Here are the final two stands to come off the workbench. I mixed in a little acrylic with these two, which I like a lot. The black one is especially nice. It suggests the colors and makeup of the PSP itself rather nicely.

Also the electronics package has been built and fitted inside each one, so now they are all functioning charger stands.

blackacrylicvsmadj.jpg

Silverandacrylicvsmadj.jpg

...by the way you are looking at about 100 hours of work right there...

Storm Shadow on
  • Options
    LogicLBLogicLB Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    That black stand is sexy

LogicLB on
    renton_tracks.jpg
  • Options
    GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    The black stand is really fucking sexy.

GeeCee on
  • Options
    BorfaseBorfase __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2005
    how delightful

Borfase on
    duhhhh i like spaghetti-o's lolz
  • Options
    XieflowXieflow Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Legacy wrote:
    You never asked!

Legacy, even you've owned a PSP game at one point (Ape Escape)

Xieflow on
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    Xieflow wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    You never asked!

Legacy, even you've owned a PSP game at one point (Ape Escape)

Twice!

Legacy on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2005
    Heyas, just stopping by this forum to say thanks again to Storm Shadow. The stand is working great, and re-assembled very nicely to accomodate the charger. It was nice addition for winning the tournament. Hopefully, there will be another Lumines tournament at the next PAX with another kickass custom prize.

-Eric

0668c89f.jpg

-PSP Stand in action-

Unknown User on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited August 2005
    That is pretty rad looking.

Congrats, man. If I had a PSP I'd probably be more jealous.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    coolpcoolp Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    That is impossibly badass :shock:

coolp on
    sig.php?tag=coolp1
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    Hey Eric--thanks for posting the photo of your new stand in action! The final match was really great to watch... you really deserved the win!

I really love making stuff for PA'ers so I think that this will certainly be the start of a new tradition at PAX.

I had an AWESOME time yet again this year, thanks to all of the Enforcers and everyone who came from far and near--you guys fucking rule.

Storm Shadow on
  • Options
    ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2005
    When I saw those stands I thought they were your work. What do you look like? I dont think anyone ever said "Look its stormy," but we might have met.

ElderCat on
    IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    I'm about 6'5" tall, blonde, and gorgeous.

Some guy said on Sunday that he always thought that I was Asian when he met me (I'm not)... I thought that was pretty funny.

Storm Shadow on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited August 2005
    Thanks for hosting the tourney. I got totally pwned :lol:

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat