As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Some of my tunes!

ericrossericross Registered User regular
edited April 2010 in Artist's Corner
Here is where I host a lot of my music. I've uploaded about half of my collection to this site and semi-regularly throw some new tunes up there:
http://tindeck.com/users/RossDude

It's all electronically composed on my pc using Reason, Fruity Loops, and Audacity. I dabble in a lot of different styles. Strings are used often, so many songs have a bit of an orchestral feel to them here and there (a lot of my new ones do). Other styles range from chillout electronica to laid back jazzy rock.

For convenience, listen to a few right here and now!

stats.png

stats.png

stats.png

Thanks!

ericross on

• Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2010
    I gotta say the only one I really enjoyed was "Down the Hall." I'm not a huge fan of music with a lot of distortion in it, and even in that song it was a bit much, but over all I enjoyed it.

EDIT: Oh snaps, nevermind I just noticed that list expands into HUGE! I'll let you know if there are any others I enjoyed.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    bikkibikkibobikkibikkibo Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I liked the beginning and what I think was the "bridge" of dreary days, but within the first minute it seems like you were trying to add too many layers and you started to get away from what I liked about the aforementioned sections. I'm not sure what you're goal is with each piece, but I find stuff thats a bit more consistent to be more appealing to the ear. Take for example IZ-US from Aphex Twin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4emvVQ8zpmk). The song remains pretty consistent and he really doesn't have that many layers of sound. He is just changing around what is already there. I honestly think that song is way too short.

bikkibikkibo on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Thanks for the input! Did you mean that later on the song became too thickly layered? I've never really considered myself to be the type to layer too many different things over each other in my songs, but maybe you're right. I suppose there is a good amount of stuff happening toward the second half, but I always thought it worked because you become familiar with the song through the first half.

Also, great song (and cool video). Aphex Twin is great and I love his style. Maybe I'll aim for something more in that direction in the future.

ericross on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    ericross wrote: »
    Thanks for the input! Did you mean that later on the song became too thickly layered? I've never really considered myself to be the type to layer too many different things over each other in my songs, but maybe you're right. I suppose there is a good amount of stuff happening toward the second half, but I always thought it worked because you become familiar with the song through the first half.

Also, great song (and cool video). Aphex Twin is great and I love his style. Maybe I'll aim for something more in that direction in the future.

Correct. It got a bit too busy at one point in the song. Aphex Twin is pretty damn good, although sometimes his songs are just WAY too busy and spastic. Often, he seems to stray away from any sort of pulse, but I just skip those tracks.

I also think this song, Flim, is one of is best tracks. It's got a great vibe. It makes me feel like i'm surrounded by water someplace peaceful. If you can make people feel a certain way with your tracks, you are golden.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhHkUg-QCwk

bikkibikkibo on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    That's a great song. It's odd that I've loved electronica for so long but never really got into Aphex Twin. Guess I'll have to change that.

Getting back to the subject of my tunes, again, I appreciate your input. Have you tried listening to any of the other songs?
    If you can make people feel a certain way with your tracks, you are golden.
    I feel I really captured certain emotions and feelings in "Constantly Dying" and "Sleep" (those ones stand out to me personally). I think you'd enjoy those ones, if you wouldn't mind giving 'em a listen.

ericross on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    ericross wrote: »
    That's a great song. It's odd that I've loved electronica for so long but never really got into Aphex Twin. Guess I'll have to change that.

Getting back to the subject of my tunes, again, I appreciate your input. Have you tried listening to any of the other songs?
    If you can make people feel a certain way with your tracks, you are golden.
    I feel I really captured certain emotions and feelings in "Constantly Dying" and "Sleep" (those ones stand out to me personally). I think you'd enjoy those ones, if you wouldn't mind giving 'em a listen.

YES! Aphex Twin is good stuff.

I will give them a listen sometime soon, I can only really do it on my lunch break though which has already passed.

bikkibikkibo on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]