Options

Wiimote came busted with system, what should I do?

Lord JezoLord Jezo Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in Games and Technology
The Wiimote in my fancy new Wii that I bought yesterday turned out to be broken, the speaker on it is out of whack and when stuff is going on (like selecting a letter from the keyboard or picking a Wii Channel) the speaker on the remote clicks. I have never heard such a sound before from any Wiimote and the second one that we have that came with Wiiplay works in the standard quiet fashion.

So what should I do now? Cry myself to sleep every night or is there something that can be done? I don't want to take back the whole system because that would just be silly and I would never get another one. How can I replace just the remote?

Clipboard03.jpg
I KISS YOU!
Lord Jezo on

• Options
    CymoroCymoro Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    1) Call Nintendo.

2) Send in Wiimote.

3) Get back Wiimote, 5 straps (all different flavors), some candy, Super Paper Mario, and a virgin.

Cymoro on
    i am perpetual, i make the country clean
  • Options
    RohanRohan Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Cymoro wrote: »
    1) Call Nintendo.

2) Send in Wiimote.

3) Get back Wiimote, 5 straps (all different flavors), some candy, Super Paper Mario, and a virgin.

Never was a truer thing said. <3 Nintendo

Rohan on
    ...and I thought of how all those people died, and what a good death that is. That nobody can blame you for it, because everyone else died along with you, and it is the fault of none, save those who did the killing.

Nothing's forgotten, nothing is ever forgotten
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Seriously? What kind of a question is this?

'My new product arrived defective, should I contact the manufacturer for a replacement?'

Why would you not?! Plus Nintendo is known for stellar service on these issues.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Lord JezoLord Jezo Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

'My new product arrived defective, should I contact the manufacturer for a replacement?'

Dell and India has made me fear customer service.

I know Nintendo is said to be good but I guess years of being beaten down by people who can't speak English has made me shy away from "customer service" of all kinds.

Lord Jezo on
    Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Lord Jezo wrote: »
    The Wiimote in my fancy new Wii that I bought yesterday turned out to be broken, the speaker on it is out of whack and when stuff is going on (like selecting a letter from the keyboard or picking a Wii Channel) the speaker on the remote clicks.

This can happen when you have a low battery - check the battery on the Home screen.

Also, something I found out yesterday - if you press a button while the controller and your system is off, the amount of lights that blink correspond to the battery life left.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    mausmalonemausmalone Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

I know Nintendo is said to be good but I guess years of being beaten down by people who can't speak English has made me shy away from "customer service" of all kinds.

What do you have to lose? It's not like you can take it back to the store for a replacement ... I'll bet they're out of stock.

Also, make sure you get an account on nintendo.com and register your system ... you get a free extension on your warranty if you do (and you can opt out of all their e-mails).

mausmalone on
    266.jpg
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    IMO, Nintendo customer service is the standard by which other companies should follow.

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Gyral wrote: »
    IMO, Nintendo customer service is the standard by which other companies should follow.

The R button on my DS would occasionally stop working, but sometimes it would work. I sent it in. I got a letter with my replacement a week later saying that they couldn't reproduce the problem I was having but they sent me a replacement DS just in case.

Yeah, they're pretty awesome. I wish the people responsible for my laptop had the same standards instead of trying to screw me out of money while holding my computer hostage, but hey, can't win them all.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    Spectral SwallowSpectral Swallow Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    One time they sent me a free Dragon Warrior players guide(like 10 years after the game came out), when I wrote them a letter asking a question.
    Nintendo truly does rock hard.

But yeah send it in.

Spectral Swallow on
  • Options
    TrevorTrevor Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    They replaced my Wii after the video card fried even when it was pretty obvious that it was my fault. They transferred all my stuff to my new one too. They've got some pretty bitchin' customer service.

Trevor on
  • Options
    PatboyXPatboyX Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Holy fuck, Jezo.
    You got a Wii and despite getting 17 calls from you a day wherein you disclose the amount and type of different crock-pot recipes you've tried, I fucking read about this Important News on the internet?

We're over.
    Srsly.

PatboyX on
    "lenny bruce is not afraid..."
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

Just go for it. I've only ever had to use Nintendo's legendary customer service once, but it was just as legendary as I was led to believe. I had to send my entire Wii in for repairs, and I had a new replacement unit within, like, five days after sending it out. No problems, no questions, no worries.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)