As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PlayStation 3, Move and Navi controller - HELP!

YogoYogo Registered User regular
edited September 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Reposted in the correct forum:

So I am going to buy my first console and the choice has fallen upon the PS 3. With the recent edition of Move, I am willing to go for the Promo bundle pack (PS3 320 GB + 1 Move controller + EyeCamera) for around $400. However while browsing I see there are some extra promo packs/bundles where you pay a little extra and receive an additional gadget. In this case it's the PlayStation Navigational Controller which works in conjunction with the Move controller.

Has anyone experience with the Move setup and how the two devices work? I don't normally play console games and thus have no experience and certainly not with PlayStation Move. Is it useful or even necessary to have for a non-hardcore console gamer? Is there an extra functionality which you can never get with only the Move controller?

Thanks in advance :)

Yogo on

• Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    From my understanding most of the current Move games don't utilize the navigation controller, so it probably isn't worth your money. At least not yet.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    embrikembrik Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    You can use a regular sixaxis to do what the nav controller does, it's just easier to hold the nav controller. That said, I bought one and haven't used the nav yet. I have used two move controllers at once, however, which I would suggest looking into.

embrik on
    "Damn you and your Daily Doubles, you brigand!"

I don't believe it - I'm on my THIRD PS3, and my FIRST XBOX360. What the heck?