As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Screencap of cartoon ear-canal tropes

SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG!Registered User regular
edited October 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Hello helpful Help/Advice forum, today I ask this of thee:

Remember how in most old cartoons, ear canals were basically made out to be a straight line connecting both ears? What I'm looking for is a screencap of those classical moments, e.g. someone whispering into someone else's ear, and a third character can listen to what's being whispered through the other person's ear.

Or how they easily put a stick through the ear canal, or water going in one side, and coming out the other.

The only episode I can remember precisely where it sorta happens is in a classical Disney Cartoon,

image1ca.jpg

but it's not too clear here, anyone remember any other cartoons/episodes where this happens? Thanks!

Satsumomo on

• Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Tom and Jerry, I think.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    There is an episode of Looney Tunes that is a parody of Jack and the Beanstalk where Bugs runs through the ears of the giant. I can't remember the exact episode title though.

Reznik on
    Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ooh, that shouldn't be too hard to find. Keep 'em coming!

Google image search gives me some pretty terrible results, I'm really looking for something classic that reminds us all of our childhood.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    Ooh, look what I found...

I don't see any pictures, at a glance, but if images are what you're after that might give you a place to start.

ceres on
    And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    ceres wrote: »
    Ooh, look what I found...

I don't see any pictures, at a glance, but if images are what you're after that might give you a place to start.

Oh wow, now that's some good information there! I had thought about tvtropes but I had no idea how to search for it :P Thanks Ceres!

Satsumomo on