Options

Pinball FX - 360 XBLA

SonosSonos Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in Games and Technology
I realize a lot of people probably dont play this but I am going to fish anyway.

I am going for the last three achievements (the hard complete the board ones of course) and need some help. Starting with Speed Machine since its the easiest, most obvious table:

I've got most of these missions and how to get them down-pat. Except The Tuning One (not the spinner one but where you need tuners?) and Qualifying Mission. Any advice on an easy way to complete these two? Not looking for big points just a completetion right now. Help menu doesnt have these missions on them and the board is somewhat of an enigma at this point.

Extreme and Agents I'll work on later.

Sonovius.png
PokeCode: 3952 3495 1748
Sonos on

• Options
    gilraingilrain Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The 1up yours guys were praising this, the other day. I'm going to pick it up this weekend.

...er, so, I can't really help on the achievements.

gilrain on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    gilrain wrote: »
    The 1up yours guys were praising this, the other day. I'm going to pick it up this weekend.

...er, so, I can't really help on the achievements.

its a great game. very faithful to the last real pinball tables to come out (I used to be a pinball froot) and well worth the 10 bones ($US). surprising the multiplayer on live is fun as well. it's frustrating as hell just like the real tables used to be.

protip: read the Help on each table after a few trial runs. helps a lot.

Sonos on
    Sonovius.png
  • Options
    powersurgepowersurge Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I haven't learned the tables very well so I'm of no help but I have to agree this is awesome even with only 3 tables. It just 'feels' right. Controls good and rumble support helps the overall experience IMO.

powersurge on
  • Options
    freshmasterfreshfreshmasterfresh Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Ten bucks, eh?

Maybe one day when I have ten bucks and nothing to do.

freshmasterfresh on
    happysig.png
  • Options
    Robo BeatRobo Beat Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I haven't played VG pinball since that shareware copy of Epic Pinball on my 486.

How well does this game compare?

Robo Beat on
    This is not the greatest sig in the world.
    This is just a tribute.
  • Options
    GertBeefGertBeef Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Robo Beat wrote: »
    I haven't played VG pinball since that shareware copy of Epic Pinball on my 486.

How well does this game compare?

This made me laugh some.

GertBeef on
    gertsig.jpg
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    i loves me some pinball. pick this up this weekend.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    Magus DarkstarMagus Darkstar Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I just REALLY hope they get the rights to create boards based on classic pinball machines and release them as downloadable content like they want to.

And if they can get ones based off licensed machines... Damn, Addams Family pinball would be fantastic

Magus Darkstar on
  • Options
    LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I just REALLY hope they get the rights to create boards based on classic pinball machines and release them as downloadable content like they want to.

And if they can get ones based off licensed machines... Damn, Addams Family pinball would be fantastic

Don't touch me THERE! :lol:

Yeah, thats a great machine.

LockeCole on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I think I played the demo of this last month and didn't like it. The table was teeny tiny and the pinball handled like a ping-pong ball.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    edited May 2007

I dont think that will happen as those are all Midway properties and they probably want them for themselves with compliations and what not. These ones feel real though. Cantido I'm not sure if you played tables towards the end of the existence of pinball but the flippers were a lot stronger and ball pretty much did move around that fast.

classic games are nice but the last few good games to come out were some of the best since the tech was better and they had to fight harder for eyeballs and quarters.

the only issue I have is that you cant read the words on the field. but they do a flyby before you launch the ball for a close. not as good as the real thing...but it's not the real thing so.

meh if anyone is pretty good and can figure out all of the games missions lemme know please I need halp! or maybe I can message the guys on the top ten high scores list :winky:

edit: The Twilight Zone was the greatest pinball game of all time for the record. Made Addams Family look dumb n stuff.

Sonos on
    Sonovius.png
  • Options
    wakeboarderbluntwakeboarderblunt Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Are the flippers analog controlled or pressure sensitive? like can you stall the ball, and pass from flipper to flipper?

wakeboarderblunt on
    stripessig.jpg
    WBblunt.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Are the flippers analog controlled or pressure sensitive? like can you stall the ball, and pass from flipper to flipper?

pressure sensitive so passing is a bit tough unless you are just using the momentum of the ball to pass back and forth. they are controlled with the trigger buttons which feels pretty natural. the left stick if for a table bump. generally two bumps will tilt the game which is about right as well when talking about how the real tables worked.

i use easy to hit holes on the table to pass back and forth between flippers. but the ball comes off of the flippers too fast for a real pass.

Sonos on
    Sonovius.png
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Live arcade pinball games actually make me more interested in the 360 than most of their main titles. I am intrigued.

Also, pressure sensitive paddles? Maybe I just haven't played actual pinball in a while, but do those actually exist? I always just remembered them having the plain buttons on the side.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Live arcade pinball games actually make me more interested in the 360 than most of their main titles. I am intrigued.

Also, pressure sensitive paddles? Maybe I just haven't played actual pinball in a while, but do those actually exist? I always just remembered them having the plain buttons on the side.

me too ;>.> i think maybe he is referencing the old really shitty tables that had the flipper strength of a 80 pound grown man (who was not very strong). the trick hitting ramps on those tables was getting lucky enough to get the power to make it up one. I prefer the fast action.

Sonos on
    Sonovius.png
  • Options
    DaybreakDaybreak Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    If I remember correctly, for Qualifying Mission I think you just have to hit loops. Each loop moves you up a spot in the race, and if the race ends with you in first you win (obv). I don't know how to do the other one.

But since we're talking about the game in general now, I recommend it as well. Hell, I only play one table (Speed Machines) since I don't know how to do the others, and I think it was worth the money.

Daybreak on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Daybreak wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, for Qualifying Mission I think you just have to hit loops. Each loop moves you up a spot in the race, and if the race ends with you in first you win (obv). I don't know how to do the other one.

But since we're talking about the game in general now, I recommend it as well. Hell, I only play one table (Speed Machines) since I don't know how to do the others, and I think it was worth the money.

On Qualifying I hear the 'I'm passing cars' sound and then see 1 of 6, 2 of 6 etc. I've gotten the 6 of 6 but never completed the Mission I believe (unless by accident). Do you know if there is a ramp/hole/bumper that finishes the race or you think it's just hit a bunch of ramps and it's done?

Agents is a PITA even though I have my highest rank (2000ish place meh). That middle ramp is a complete bitch to hit. I only get it when I get completely lucky...which makes me pretty angry. I hate hitting ramps by luck alone.

thanks for the advice though keep it rolling.

Sonos on
    Sonovius.png