As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Windows 7 wireless suddenly doesn't work [solved]

WillethWilleth Registered User regular
The work laptop (Win7 Home Premium) has suddenly decided that it doesn't want to work. It wasfine the last time I used it a few months ago, but since then it's been lent out to a friend of the boss's, and on returning it doesn't see any of the twenty-plus wireless connections we can see in the office. No settings have changed office-wise - it's being used just fine by a different Windows 7 machine and four Macs.

In the dialog box, it simply says 'No connections are available'. I've tried the basics of disabling and renabling the adapter and no dice, but I'm limited in what I can do because I have no means of getting online and getting drivers, etc (there's no capacity for ethernet without disconnecting every other computer in the office, which I can't do).

Is this anything anyone's come across and is it an easy fix?

EDIT: Bah, drivers didn't work, sytem restore did. never mind.

@vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
@gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
Willeth on

• Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I know I'm late (and probably offering the basic explanation that everyone knows), but with the addition of a new kitten who likes to "help" I've been forced to learn some new keyboard shortcuts that I was previously ignorant to. In your case, a soft wireless adapter enable/disable switch that I believe is Function + F2.

EvilMonkey on
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Thanks. On mine it was Fn+F8 or something, as well as having a separate dedicated button for some reason. I spent a while turning it on and off again in different combinations because I thought there might gave been a conflict.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!