As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pirates of the Spanish Main

leafleaf Registered User regular
edited January 2006 in PAX Archive
Anyone else get stupidly addicted to that game?

I bought far too many, but I now have a brutal pirate/french fleet. Anyways, anyone going to be bringing a few ships to pax this coming year?

newsig-notweed.jpg
leaf on

• Options
    edited November 2005
    Oh and more importantly, would anyone want to bring the stuff they'd like to trade?

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • Options
    ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2005
    Yeah.. but for me its much more like a board game than a CCG. I bought a box and then picked up some singles and now I can field a good fleet from all of the original factions. I don't really feel like buying any more. Sure I will bring them next year.

ElderCat on
    IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited January 2006
    Okay, I just bought a handful of packs for this, and I think I already made a mistake by assembling half of them. Should I have only assembled those I intend to use? Where do you store them once assembled?

Unknown User on
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Yeah, I started playing it after seeing some other people playing it at PAX last year... I certainly have bought to many, and assembled all of them that arnt duplicates, they take up many tins currently stuffed in a backpack at the moment...

As far as trade fodder, I have crap in the way of duplicates, its all a bunch of crappy commons for the most part, but that may change by the time of PAX. If I end up driving to Washington Ill probably bring all my Pirates, but if I resort to flying itll be limited to just a tin with one or two fleets in it.

And I still think they need do get WizKids to have a booth at PAX this year, so we can all go throw our money at their booth and get that ten-masted junk... I also fully support any talks of a Pirates tournament, if anything has been mentioned at all yet or not...

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited January 2006
    Do you remove the masts when you store them in a tin?

Unknown User on
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    My ships are all piled in tins fully constructed... I know its not the best way to store them but I do it anyways. You really would be better off just building them as you use them, so the ones you end up never using dont take up as much space, but I just cant do that since I enjoy building the things...

I do still recommend getting some of the Pirates tins while they still have them, Toys R Us and K-Mart carry them, theyre 9.99 and include 3 packs of Spanish Main and 1 pack of Revolutions, so its a pretty good deal as far packs goes anyways, and you get a nice little tin for storing a fleet or a bunch of unconstructed cards in.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Okay, I just bought a handful of packs for this, and I think I already made a mistake by assembling half of them. Should I have only assembled those I intend to use? Where do you store them once assembled?

Yeah I wish I hadn't put everything together heh. Me, I just have a shelf built into the wall of the living room, so the fleet is just sitting there on their respective cards. For moving around I have a little treasure box thing which works decently, fully constructed too.

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg