Options

Grad Swag

SoonerManSoonerMan Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in Games and Technology
I just came into some graduation money and I know I need the following: a phone and a new iPod. If I can find a good cheap camera ($100 range) then I'll grab one of those, too... however I need suggestions for the former two items.

Are there a new wave of iPods coming out anytime soon? I'm sure if I were getting one tonight then Monday all kinds of cool stuff would come around.

Phones: I want a good flip phone. All the gadgets and shit don't mean a whole lot to me. Texting and a few pictures would be all I need it for (of course calls, too.)

I'm sure someone will combine these two into the iPhone. I'm not sure I want to spend that much on a 4gig iPod. I went over on my 4 gig mini and want something bigger and such.

Thanks in advance.

Rah, Oklahoma! Rah, Oklahoma! Rah, Oklahoma~! O-K-U!
SoonerMan on

• Options
    gneGnegneGne Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Hohoho there, you sure you want to spend all at once? If you don't have a phone yet, I would look into that first.

gneGne on
    pasigcopyox6.jpg
  • Options
    Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    iPods are way way overdue for an update (haven't been updated in 256 days as per Mac Rumors) so it's hard to recommend buying one right now.

For flip phones, do you have a carrier? If so, then start looking at what your carrier offers (locked phones are cheaper than unlocked ones). I like Sony Ericsson's phones. Their software is intuitive and their phones are built really solid (I guess most are these days). The z300a and the w300i are small no fancy frills phones with pretty good cameras.

Doc Holliday on
    PSN & Live: buckwilson
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I've got grad money coming, but most of it I intend to plow into checking/savings until I can get the post-graduate job.

And yeah, phone first, iPod later.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    SoonerManSoonerMan Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I have a brick right now that will do just fine and my mini works, but the screen just doesn't show (I have everything I listen to consistently on one play list.)

I've put a majority of mine into savings, that's not a problem. I didn't intend to just blow it on KEWL stuff, and I intend to pay for half of this with just money that I get from working my jobs (umping and cook at Sonic.) But I figured it wouldn't hurt to use a little to get stuff.

SoonerMan on
    Rah, Oklahoma! Rah, Oklahoma! Rah, Oklahoma~! O-K-U!