Options

Xbox Tweetup just announced for PAX East!

HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101!Behind YouRegistered User regular
edited February 2011 in PAX Archive
So it looks like there will be another Xbox Tweetup this year before PAX East. It's going to be at Lucky's Lounge which is right around the corner from the BCEC. I think it may actually conflict a bit with the keynote, which is a little unfortunate.

I'm guessing that they didn't want it at MIT again because last time us PAXer's were there, we broke a lamp. I don't think we're allowed at MIT anymore...

Link to Major Nelson's info about it.

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

Halfazedninja on

• Options
    benswimmingbenswimming PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Sucks its at the same time as the opening of PAX, guess I won't be going this year!

PAX:

EXHIBIT HALL HOURS
    Friday, March 11th, 2011 - 10am to 7pm
    Saturday, March 12th, 2011 - 10am to 6pm
    Sunday, March 13th, 2011 - 10am to 6pm

Tweetup:

When: Friday, March 11th
    Where: Lucky’s Lounge
    355 Congress Street Boston, MA
    Hours: 9:30am-11am

benswimming on
    PAX EAST 2011 Omeganaut
    Twitter: sweeneyben
    XBL: Disco Ball
  • Options
    RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Major Nelson just changed the time.

http://majornelson.com/archive/2011/02/10/pax-east-2011-tweet-up.aspx#612995
    "I just spoke to the folks at PA, and they did indeed confirm a 10:30a keynote. Sooo...we're going to bump this back to a 9am start to give folks time to say hello the jet over to the Keynote. Cool?"

Rdr on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    hmm, still going to be an issue for me to set up my BYOC and be back for the Omeganaut stuff, probably still going to have to miss it this year. Wish it was Thurs. night instead :/

benswimming on
    PAX EAST 2011 Omeganaut
  • Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    As much as I want to go to the keynote, I'm thinking I want to go to the meet up this year. They gave out some awesome stuff last year. Plus, I need a new PAX hoodie for my avatar :D

Halfazedninja on

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Major Nelson's blocked at work - what exactly was this last year? I don't remember hearing of it. I might be willing to skip the keynote for swag from Microsoft...

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I think the meet up is more my style...plus free swag!!

gigabrain on
    fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Last year it was the guys from the podcast talking, oh and Laura & DMZilla, and they gave out the codes for the PAX East avatar hoodies. Also if you asked a question you might be given a prize, and the prizes were all MSG games. You had your choice of ODST or Forza 3 I believe. They also announced support for USB sticks as memory at the tweetup, and had some snacks to munch on.

benswimming on
    PAX EAST 2011 Omeganaut
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited February 2011
    I wonder if they'll give out new PAX East avatar hoodies, since the last dashboard update broke them. I'm still salty about that.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited February 2011
    Moe, it didnt break them. Mine is working fine, I actually just put it back on yesterday. If its broken for you, delete the hoodie off your console, and then go into DL history and re dl it.

benswimming on
    PAX EAST 2011 Omeganaut
  • Options
    MTSonic11MTSonic11 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm definitely going again this year. I had a lot of fun last year. I was amused that there were only like 4-5 girls there though (including the people who came with the Xbox team). Besides the previously mentioned Q&A, giveaways and breakfast treats, they also had a Microsoft Surface to play with. Only a few people were around it at any given time, so it was pretty nice to get face time with it.

I may be in the minority, but I really don't care about the keynote this year. Missing it isn't a decision factor. I was going to get in line early to interact with others, but I'll do that the other 2 mornings.

I enjoyed seeing Microsoft NERD, but was kinda shocked they did it there in the first place. I can't imagine the people who work in that building want a bunch of strangers there. Walking 2-3 blocks is going to make it a quick trip from the hotel.

I put my PAXE hoodie on my avatar again once we hit 60 days left also. I didn't seem to have an issue with it.

MTSonic11 on
  • Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    I wonder if they'll give out new PAX East avatar hoodies, since the last dashboard update broke them. I'm still salty about that.

What do you mean it broke them? Mine is wearing it right now...

Also, they gave out some other games too. The collector's edition of Batman: Arkham Asylum and some awesome Turtle Beach headsets.

Halfazedninja on

• Options
    antheremantherem Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Did you have the dashboard beta? A lot of nonstandard stuff broke during the beta, so you might need to re-equip (or re-download) it.

antherem on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Yeah, I did have the beta. I'll have to try that when I get home.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    EnfarineEnfarine Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    Looking forward to meeting the Xbox crew and everyone who shows up at this event. I'll definitely be there! :)

Enfarine on
  • Options
    FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    From what I read of other PAXers last year, this was one of the best places to get swag. I'm not sure I'm that interested in the key note this time around either but how knows, I might be able to catch both.

Frugus on
    Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • Options
    lillblillb Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    What kind of swag are we talking here?
    I'm not exactly sure I'll be in the city that early but if its going to be worth it I might try to persuade my friends to head out early.

lillb on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    lillb wrote: »
    What kind of swag are we talking here?
    I'm not exactly sure I'll be in the city that early but if its going to be worth it I might try to persuade my friends to head out early.

1- There should be food
    2- Last year they gave away avatar codes for PAX Hoodies and many walked out with free games that were recently out (ODST and Forza 3).

Not saying it's a guaranteed thing.

Frugus on
    Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • Options
    lillblillb Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Nice sounds intriguing. Not really interested in the keynote so I may try going to this.

lillb on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    If I may put in my two cents, it's not like I think this is worth going to more than the key note. In fact we don't know how good of a speaker our host will be, plus there's always something cool about being at the main speech that will inaugurate the weekend.

I for one would hate to miss it, but I'm ready to risk it and try attending both events.

Frugus on
    Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • Options
    DJ LushiousDJ Lushious Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Frugus wrote: »
    In fact we don't know how good of a speaker our host will be
    As long as she doesn't spout off any spoilers, I'm certain she'll be better than last year's speaker.

I, too, find the conflict with the keynote to be horribly depressing. I went to the MIT event last year and had a blast. I'm hoping Major Nelson does another pre-PAX event like that.

DJ Lushious on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Hey now, Wil gave plenty of spoiler warning before he said that. You had ample time to put your fingers in your ears and go "lalalalalala".

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    Seanyd781Seanyd781 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'll be there, I went last year with a buddy of mine and was disappointed I couldn't think of a simple question to win a prize. Despite it interfering with the keynote a bit, I'll still be there. Should most likely be a tradition of mine come future PAX East's!

Seanyd781 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Seanyd781 wrote: »
    I'll be there, I went last year with a buddy of mine and was disappointed I couldn't think of a simple question to win a prize. Despite it interfering with the keynote a bit, I'll still be there. Should most likely be a tradition of mine come future PAX East's!

Same with me. I thought of 100 questions after the even but couldn't think of one during it. You remember the guy that was there and admitted to hacking his Xbox?

He got no prize by the way :D

Halfazedninja on

• Options
    HibatirHibatir Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm all over this!

Hibatir on
  • Options
    DJ LushiousDJ Lushious Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hey now, Wil gave plenty of spoiler warning before he said that. You had ample time to put your fingers in your ears and go "lalalalalala".
    Haha! Yeah, my voice would've been hoarse by the time Wil was done explaining the plot of Dragon Age, each origin story, and all possible endings*. :shock:

* Exaggerated for comedic effect.

DJ Lushious on