Options

Keith Apicary vs an Enforcer

eVuLPeNGuiNeVuLPeNGuiN Registered User new member
edited March 2011 in PAX Archive
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC7krXuuOM0

Every enforcer at PAX East was awesome, one even found my IPOD and returned it. I respect all the enforcers except this guy.
The entire 3 days I was at PAX East, this enforcer had a mopey face on, was rude, and thought he was the law. Why even accept the job if you're not going to have a good time.

eVuLPeNGuiN on

• Options
    Steel FireSteel Fire Gunboat Diplomat PAI MarketingRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Good for the Enforcer and that silly goose Mr. Apicary should be blacklisted from PAX.

Steel Fire on
  • Options
    gilby123gilby123 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    You do understand that those are VOLUNTEERS. By all I've heard about this panel, the enforcer was doing what he was supposed to and shouldn't have to put up with crap from this guy or the crowd. From what I could see, the guy was playing to the crowd and being a jerk. If he was breaking rules, then the Enforcer did the job he was supposed to do.

The Enforcers volunteer their time to help this con run and don't need to put up with crap like this.

gilby123 on
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the
    world attaching the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples
    of ignorance?" - John Lithgow, 3rd Rock from the Sun
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    This has been discussed already. It likely doesn't need its own thread, and Tango is well aware of the situation.
    Tango wrote: »
    OcTavius12 wrote: »
    I liked all the enforces except that one guy that called off Talking classics, he was way out of line and on a power trip, sorry but that guy was a straight up dick

I want to head this one off at the pass right now. I'm the guy responsible for the security we do Enforcer-side at PAX East. The Enforcer in charge of that theater was doing the best he could under difficult circumstances. Furthermore, he was following guidelines that I had set him before I left the theater in case things crossed the line into being unsafe. At the end of the day, PAX has requirements, the MCCA has safety requirements, and -- on a strictly personal level of opinion -- I'm not a fan of Enforcers being insulted by panellists. I think the Enforcer in question showed admirable restraint and, although I'm not an employee of PA and so forth, I fully support his actions.

Edit: Shadowfire, I think there's something in my eye. ;) Thank you, and thank you to everyone for the feedback - whether good or bad. See you next year -- or even in Seattle!

zerzhul on
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Who is Keith Apicary? I mean other then someone who looks like the angry love child of Bobcat Goldthwait and a toilet brush.

Edit: NM, Wiki showed the way. Basically like Sasha Baron Cohen, without the money, success, or career.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    DanUNGDanUNG Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I really don't care who Keith Apicary is. You insult an Enforcer like that, all bets are off.

DanUNG on
  • Options
    dirkgentlydirkgently Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Watched the first 30 seconds, that guy making the crack at the enforcer was a douche, no question about it. Comments like that are not in the spirit of PAX and ever more so not in the spirit that it is being made about the people that help run the event you are being allowed to have a panel at. You should be respectful to say the least.

EDIT: just read the wiki and he apparently comes from the town next to where I live, wow.

dirkgently on
  • Options
    CaldvanCaldvan Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    As I said before:

There were things going on with that particular case behind the scenes. It's not appropriate for me to go into detail (As Enforcers are not PA reps), but rest assured Tango and the rest are aware.

Now, can we please let this rest?

Caldvan on
    [E]
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    That enforcer is a great guy and my brother in PAX, we shared a hotel when I went to my first PAX ever. He was in the right, Apacary was in the wrong.

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    VapokVapok Just a Guy. BostonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Caldvan wrote: »
    As I said before:

There were things going on with that particular case behind the scenes. It's not appropriate for me to go into detail (As Enforcers are not PA reps), but rest assured Tango and the rest are aware.

Quoting this for truth.

Vapok on
    enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    Vapok
  • Options
    BursegSardaukarBursegSardaukar Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    All previous troubles in the day caused by Keith Apicary (Nathan Barnatt) aside, I'm not sure why him having no regard for his own personal safety is any concern for anyone but himself. The people (including myself) that went to the panel did so to be entertained by jackass-style stunts.

As far as him being invited: Well, let's just think of it like inviting Ricky Gervais to the Golden Globes. The dude is a ball-buster that doesn't hold punches. Were his jokes inappropriate for the setting? Maybe. But it's Ricky Gervais and that should've been planned for. Getting all mad at him doesn't make the least bit of sense. And he was funny as hell to anyone with a pulse and no large wooden object in their rectum.

Same goes here. The Apicary panel was one of the best all weekend. It would be a shame to not have him back again next year. Just have him sign a waiver that if he kills himself, its on him (as it should be... not sure why its considered anyone else's problem for someone being an idiot and hurting themselves).

BursegSardaukar on
  • Options
    WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Caldvan wrote: »

Where's Moe when you need 'im?

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • Options
    eVuLPeNGuiNeVuLPeNGuiN Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    From what I was told, Nathan is invited back next year.

eVuLPeNGuiN on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited March 2011
    There's a thread to discuss enforcers in. This does not need to be its own thread.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

This discussion has been closed.