Options

Powerglove owned at PAX East

GameUndergroundGameUnderground Registered User regular
edited March 2011 in PAX Archive
Powerglove had an amazing performance at PAX East this year and was the highlight of the show for me! I hope the organizers of PAX can have them be a part of the main stage next year!

These guys were stuck in a small room with the sound that should be at a full stadium concert! I am happy that PAX had them and I hope they get the respect they deserve for putting on an amazing show that was barely advertised. There was a huge line to get in and I hope it proves the point that they deserve to be on the main stage next year.

GameUnderground on

• Options
    KorvasKorvas Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Thanks for posting this, I didn't catch any of the music shows while at pax, and after doing a youtube search I really wish I had heard these guys... Amazing!

Korvas on
  • Options
    PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Really good stage presence. I had never heard them before but a friend recommended I check them out. I think they would own the main stage.

PeasantDave on
  • Options
    <Omicron-8643><Omicron-8643> Just outside DC. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    My neck still hurts from all the headbanging I did.

I'm glad they were in the Jamspace though. Were they on the main stage, there would not have been a pit at all as I know moshing is frowned upon. The close, intimate nature of the Jamspace only helped concentrate and fuel the energy of the band.

<Omicron-8643> on
  • Options
    KillerMcDeadKillerMcDead Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I have the entire performance on film, but with the lights being turned off, not much of the show is visible.

I did notice a ton of camera flashes during the show however. If you managed to get some decent pics and wouldn't mind sharing, it would make the video a lot more fun to watch.

Otherwise, we can all watch the dark blob from which epic metal resonates.

KillerMcDead on
  • Options
    NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    It was definitely the pleasure of MAGFest to host powerglove in the jamspace. These guys rock hard, and we're glad both them and armcannon were able to fill the room to capacity.

NickTheNewbie on
  • Options
    DanUNGDanUNG Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Before the flood of Powerglove fans storm the boards, just want to point out that they can only fit 6 bands on the main stage at PAX, and that list doesn't fluctuate often. Also, the post about moshing above is a very good point -- Powerglove rocked JamSpace, but for key reasons.

DanUNG on
  • Options
    OMGIllithanOMGIllithan Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Whaaa? Powerglove was there? How did I miss that?! When did they play?

OMGIllithan on
  • Options
    OnmitsuOnmitsu I'm just a birdie Ca-caw, ca-caw!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    DUDE! THAT'S WHO WAS PLAYING THE STORM EAGLE MUSIC?! Oh man, that was so awesome, we were walking by the jamspace, and that was blasting out of there, we couldn't help but be awestruck by the badassery of it. I even saw killroy from the protomen enjoying the performance.

Onmitsu on
    Man, even Dora the Explorer thinks you're slow.
  • Options
    GrimRupertGrimRupert Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    It was definitely the pleasure of MAGFest to host powerglove in the jamspace. These guys rock hard, and we're glad both them and armcannon were able to fill the room to capacity.

Ah dammit, I didn't know either band was at PAX. Both of those guys are awesome live. When did they perform?

GrimRupert on
    I'm a website!
    PAX East 2014 Checklist:
    [X] - Pre-registered | [ ] - Train tickets | [ ] - Time Off
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I knew they were around, but I didn't know they were in the jamspace.

it would be p cool to have something special for them as a pax east treat or something since they're local

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    They each performed Saturday evening in Jamspace. I wanted to go sooo bad but thankfully KillerMcDead got it on film. :D

I definitely support Powerglove coming back to PAX, even Prime this summer, especially if it means main stage.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    GrimRupert wrote: »

Ah dammit, I didn't know either band was at PAX. Both of those guys are awesome live. When did they perform?

Saturday evening around 6-9. I'll refrain from going into full blown plugging mode for MAGFest itself in this thread, but we have tons of bands just like those two every year.

NickTheNewbie on
  • Options
    <Omicron-8643><Omicron-8643> Just outside DC. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Can I plug it then? MAGfest this year ROCKED! I'll be back next year. :D

<Omicron-8643> on
  • Options
    MasterWilliamsMasterWilliams Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    Hi! This forum powerglovers?
    I destitution to secure them such a concert at PAX again
    Who has this already exist?
    What is the next gathering and what his genre?

lol <3

MasterWilliams on
  • Options
    MJPMMJPM Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I totally plugged you guys at the Media Q&A!

MJPM on
    paxeast2010dvdsignowout.jpgForumSig2.jpg
  • Options
    PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm glad they were in the Jamspace though. Were they on the main stage, there would not have been a pit at all as I know moshing is frowned upon. The close, intimate nature of the Jamspace only helped concentrate and fuel the energy of the band.

That's a good point. I forgot that there is no moshing at the main stage. And occasionally... no energy.

PeasantDave on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

That's a good point. I forgot that there is no moshing at the main stage. And occasionally... no energy.

My favorite part of the Protomen concert was when one of the vocalists dropped down to crowd surf and all the people in the front just kinda held him up uncertain what to do.

You know you're a bunch of nerds when...

GrimRupert on
    I'm a website!
    PAX East 2014 Checklist:
  • Options
    TheRobotGuyTheRobotGuy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    My neck still hurts from all the headbanging I did.

I missed Powerglove, but I did spend a lot of time in the Jamspace. The energy in the room was too good for the main stage. You were able to move around, mosh, and just chill in a way the couldn't be done with 26,000 people. The Jamspace could've been bigger, though, with a space set up for bags and stuff.

TheRobotGuy on
    Fuck You Bottle is the name of my Jonathan Coulton cover band.
  • Options
    QuezlarQuezlar Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    Powerglove was by far the best part of your event,
    They should headline main stage next year.
    They are the only reason i bought tickets to the event and more people should have the oppurtunity to see them

Quezlar on
  • Options
    rubywingsrubywings Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I had no idea that either Powerglove or Armcannon would be performing, and am now sorely disappointed that we missed it. Maybe it could have been advertised better?:?

rubywings on
  • Options
    ColdguyColdguy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    You guys need a smart phone they were posting on twitter that they were preforming as well as the dance party with Mega Ram and DJ Cutman. However I will echo the comment mentioned before: MAGfest has the bands at their con, I just hope the space is bigger so I could actually get into the concert area.

Coldguy on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    It's easy to say "get a smart phone", but it's less easy to come up with the money for it.

Plus, I did have a Smart Phone. Doesn't mean I know who to follow for this information on Twitter (or even the fact that some people might not have Twitter).

I'll just keep this in mind for next year.

GrimRupert on
    I'm a website!
    PAX East 2014 Checklist: