Options

iTunes and Windows Media playing up

dexterdexter Registered User regular
edited April 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
I recently put together a brand new computer, i5 2500k, GTX560, 8gig ram etc.. But for some reason, it's unable to play my music for me consistently. In itunes it'll simply stop playing music without giving me an error. The sounds and everything is up, but the playback meter will stop at like 4 seconds or something. I can move it around and click pause play etc. and jump to another song but no music will play.

Windows media player on the other hand plays for a random amount of time too and gives me this error

"An audio device was disconnected or reconfigured. Verify that the audio device is connected, and then try to play the item again."

I don't have a soundcard, I'm using the inbuilt card on the motherboard, which is an MSi P67A-GD65. I've updated drivers for my GPU, but I didn't have a lot of luck getting any driver updates for the MOBO.

What's the story here? All of these music files worked perfectly on my previous computer.

3694663-1.png
dexter on

• Options
    dexterdexter Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Sorry, I would edit but I'm capped right now and I keep getting the "server is too busy" notice, hence quick reply.

I just plugged my headphones in to see if that would work, and just managed to play an entire song in windows.
    Just managed to play another entire song in itunes too. That's weird?

The speakers I'm using are inbuilt into my monitor, and there's a headphone sort of sound jack connecting my monitor to the back of my tower. I don't get it!

Thanks, dudes.

dexter on
    3694663-1.png