As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Getting my PodCast on (minus iTunes)

Skoal CatSkoal Cat Registered User regular
Google tells me there are a lot of options for downloading Podcasts without iTunes, but surely most of them are horrid wretched pieces of garbage.
What software is going to be my best bet here? I suppose I have nothing against iTunes, I just won't use it as my media player and don't have an i-anything, so it seems a bit much for what I want.
I shall be listening to these casts upon my Sansa Clip.

Skoal Cat on

• Options
    corky842corky842 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I found this one a while ago, and it seems simple and nice. If you put your clip in USB mass storage mode (like a flash drive) you should be able to run it straight from the player.

corky842 on
  • Options
    DaltonCarlDaltonCarl Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    ---

DaltonCarl on
  • Options
    ueanuean Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Maybe this is a good place to ask what software replaces iTunes for iThings. Specifically an iPhone 4. iTunes is a huge flaming turd on the doorstep of PC functionality.

uean on
    Guys? Hay guys?
    PSN - sumowot
  • Options
    SeeksSeeks Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Pretty much any multimedia RSS reader should work. Google 'podcatcher', you'll probably find plenty of stuff.

Seeks on
    userbar.jpg
    desura_Userbar.png
  • Options
    Dark ShroudDark Shroud Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I use the Zune software as well.

Dark Shroud on
  • Options
    K0dosK0dos Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I use podcaster on my iPhone 4 to download podcasts directly to the iPhone without syncing to iTunes. Now I only need to sync my phone when I want to get a backup of the phone, usually once a week. The only other time that I ever really need iTunes is to upgrade iOS.

K0dos on
    139892.png