Options

Wanting to Sell an Xbox 360

ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
edited April 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
As the thread title suggests, I'm looking to sell my 360 on eBay, but I have a question that I don't quite know how to find the answer to. I think it'll sweeten the deal that I've purchased some quality games on Live, like Marvel vs Capcom 2, but I'm wondering: is it possible to keep these on the hard drive for the new owner to enjoy while removing my personal account information so that, you know, I don't have to worry about someone using my information? Will removing the account allow someone to play the games with their new account? Is there anything else I should seriously consider when selling my previously Xbox Live Gold-enabled 360 to a new owner?

Thanks!

pygsig.png
Zeromus on

• Options
    EtchEtch Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm almost certain that those games are tied to your account, not your hard drive. So basically, you'd have to give them your live account too, they'd only be able to play the demo version of the games.

Etch on
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    When you buy something on Xbox Live, you are given two licenses. One is for the serial number of the console you have (if you have a different console, you can do a license transfer tool, but only once a year), and the other license is for your gamertag. Since you are giving it to someone else you don't know, I don't think it would be a good idea to give someone your gamertag.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Basically, the license linked to the console ID will stay linked until you transfer that license, and so the buyer would have access to those games without using your gamertag.

Cynic Jester on