As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Darkstalkers - Finally they decided to give you what you want

blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
edited July 2011 in Games and Technology
Yep, there's a new Darkstalkers game announced. During the Tekken X Street Fighter panel, they said they'd make one.

Found this here: http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/714739/new-darkstalkers-game-announced-during-the-street-fighter-x-tekken-comic-con-2011-panel/

blaze_zero on

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Oh...okay, this will work then.

But yay!

• Options
    H*RH*R Registered User regular
    I just saw that. I really hope it's not an Ono troll.

He also said to tweet him if you want AE rebalanced. I think it's a given that there's a lot of desire for that.

Nintendo Network: WarrenMSP
    3DS: 4184-2362-9697
    PSN: Skywarrd
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I'd tweet him to let him know I want even MORE divekick madness.

• Options
    H*RH*R Registered User regular
    I wonder if BB Hood will have a dive kick...

Nintendo Network: WarrenMSP
    3DS: 4184-2362-9697
    PSN: Skywarrd
  • Options
    The game probably won't come out until late next year.

I assume they're going to use 3D models like SF and MVC3.

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    So they've announced it by not announcing it?

Those crafty Capcomians.

• Options
    RakaiRakai Registered User regular
    Another fighting game from Capcom...let's start counting from this generation:

SFIV
    SSFIV
    SSFIV:AE
    SSFIV:3D
    MvC
    UMvC
    TvC
    SFII:Turbo HD Remix
    SF3:3rd Strike Online Edition
    SFA3(PSP)
    SFxTekken

They sure do like milking the genre.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]XBL: Rakayn | PS3: Rakayn | Steam ID
  • Options
    four of those are the same game and 3 of those are remakes then another 2 are the same too...so im not seeing it.

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Rakai wrote:

SFIV
    SSFIV
    MvC
    UMvC
    TvC
    SFA3(PSP)
    SFxTekken

Versus every other publisher milking shooters? The fighting genre is positively tame.

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    "While a new Darkstalkers game has not been approved, Ono revealed at the Street Fighter X Tekken panel, Darkstalkers is not dead. He then asked fans to hold up $10 or $20 in support of the game and took a photo of the audience, saying he would send it to Capcom’s president."

Ratsult2 on
  • Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    I thought we were talking about Darksiders. Much like how in the Darksiders threads, I always think of Darkstalkers.

• Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    Rakai wrote:

SFIV
    SSFIV
    MvC
    UMvC
    TvC
    SFA3(PSP)
    SFxTekken

The difference is that darkstalkers is the best fighting game franchise capcom has.

10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    Ratsult2 wrote:
    "While a new Darkstalkers game has not been approved, Ono revealed at the Street Fighter X Tekken panel, Darkstalkers is not dead. He then asked fans to hold up $10 or $20 in support of the game and took a photo of the audience, saying he would send it to Capcom’s president."

Asking for fan support to convince Capcom to bankroll the project is totally going to work, I can feel it. Just like it did for Megaman Legends 3.

• Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    Isn't that quote super old?

I remember reading that a long time ago.

10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    VrayVray Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    So it's not officially announced? I'd like to hurry and start waiting for the super/ultimate/enhanced/etc edition.

Vray on
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Oh wow. Capcom might be doing something that I'm actually interested in? Color me impressed. I've always wanted to play darkstalkers, even though I'm terrible at fighting games. It's just it's silly hard to find any of 'em. Especially for systems that I happen to own.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I wonder if there will ever be a time when sales of Capcom's "new" games will suffer because people are gunshy about getting hit in the face with an enhanced version right around the corner.

Probably not, but I can dream.

• Options
    Ono has said that it's not dead before... this time seems to garner a little more hope.