As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This weekend, I made a song. It's still a WIP, and I would love some feedback.

iglidanteiglidante Registered User regular
edited March 2011 in Artist's Corner
Going into it, I had literally no idea what would come out of my recording. Saturday night, I laid down a basic rhythm guitar and a beat. Sunday, I almost abandoned it, but something made me sit down and poke at my project file for a few minutes. I wound up spending most of the day adding to what I'd done the night before.

The song is called Ascertain This. (That's a link to a streaming version).

What do you guys think?

iglidante on

• Options
    DTtheLEGENDDTtheLEGEND Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    not alot of comments, eh?
    Ill give ya one.

As far as the instrumentation goes, its really well done.
    the vocals remind me of the cure i dont know if thats the vibe you were going for, but
    thats what you hit (with considerations for modern music [i.e. the heavy guitars])
    with this. if thats what you were aiming for - you win.

I also looked at crystal clear which i happen to like better because i make industrial and
    trance, but yes- you have a good thing here.

DTtheLEGEND on
  • Options
    shovelkid001shovelkid001 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Everything sounds really clean. What are you using to record your vocals/guitar pieces?

shovelkid001 on
  • Options
    iglidanteiglidante Registered User regular
    Just an SM58 through a little interface, cleaned up with iZotope RX.

• Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    I can't really offer too much advice, since it's not my type, but the sounds are really clean and well balanced. Instruments work well during the intro!

www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays