As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hotmail Hacked?

Push Button | Receive CatPush Button | Receive Cat Registered User regular
Sooooooo...

I suspect that my hotmail account has been compromised. Today I was logged on MSN live messenger and was disconnected multiple times which prompted the popup indicating that "I am signed in at another location". I am quite certain that I am not logged onto hotmail or MSN live at any other location nor does anyone else have legitimate access to my account. Currently, I have checked for spy/malware and have replaced my account password. However, I fear that they may still be logged onto the browser-based hotmail and am extending their stay for further malicious purposes.

I am wondering if there may be a method to check current signed-in sessions and/or a method to expire current remote sessions in hotmail?

Thanks ahead of time!

(*) (*) (*)

Push Button | Receive Cat on

• Options
    mrbernzmrbernz Registered User regular
    Was your internet having issues when you were disconnected? If you got disconnected several times and resigned in, it could have been yourself that caused the popup. If you are signed off and suddenly become disconnected, MSN might not be aware you disconnected if you sign on again the previous session might still be active, so if you repeated the cycle, it could just be your own computer signed in multiple times. Changing your password was still a good idea. I don't know of a way to check which sessions you are logged into though.

• Options
    Push Button | Receive CatPush Button | Receive Cat Registered User regular
    I was running a MMORPG in the meanwhile but was not disconnected from that so it seems most likely to not be a internet connection issue. Although that is not to say that it is impossible.