As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Is Boxee dead?

HorusHorus Los AngelesRegistered User regular
edited August 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
I am struggling with this app on my laptop running on my tv because it never updates my Feeds(shows zero), RSS feeds is limited to what Boxee forums gives and it has not been updated for over a year. I am trying to build a multimedia PC but need a great app that plays local videos, podcast, has options to get videos feeds from any online source... etc etc. I am trying to figure out the bugs on my boxee but right now I get just as good experience with VLC and a browser.

I need help on alternative Boxee apps or good tutorials to maximize Boxee.... I want to buy a box but I feel the technology is still in its first generation.

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!
Horus on

• Options
    iMattiMatt Registered User regular
    Install XMBC, far better than boxee in my opinion!

• Options
    webofinkwebofink Registered User regular
    Take a look at Mediaportal also. If you're going to go with XBMC you'll probably be installing MediaPortal for your TV backend anyway.

It's dead, Jim.
  • Options
    useless4useless4 Registered User regular
    Boxee is going ver. 1 to make it in line with the boxee box in the fall.