As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Deus Ex installation issues

GermsrosolinoGermsrosolino Registered User regular
I am currently deployed in Iraq with the US Army, so needless to say, the internet here is rather..... sketchy. Either way. I ordered Deus Ex: Human Revolution for PC. Super stoked to get it. It finally arrived, and i went to install it, and it tries to open Steam for the installation. First off, this laptop I have has some issues loading Steam in the first place. It takes like 15 minutes for it to open after it sits on "(Not Responding)" for a while. Then there's the whole slow internet thing. I read a couple posts, and apparently people were complaining that you cannot install this game using just the disc. Apparently you have to download the entire game via steam with internet connection to install. This presents a pretty serious problem. The internet here is slow enough that would normally take about 3 weeks to do. In addition to that, there's a data limit, which then slows the internet to about 2 kb/s. At that speed, it'd take my whole deployment. Does anyone know anything about this game's installation, and does anyone have a solution they know of? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Germsrosolino on

• Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    You could try putting Steam in offline mode and then installing from the disc. It might use the disc files when the internet isn't available to it.

B6yM5w2.gif