As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PA comic: Monday Nov. 7, 2011 - Deliverance

BogeyBogey I'm back, baby!Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
edited November 2011 in The Penny Arcade Hub
i-wcvnkxb-L.jpg

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
PSN: Bogestrom
Bogey on

• Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    Overnight shipping is totally a rip off. Man look at those prices they are charging.

• Options
    rabidmuskratrabidmuskrat Registered User regular
    Sadly, I bet someone has actually done this...

• Options
    b455m4573rb455m4573r Registered User new member
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    this is why you amazon prime it up and get free two day shipping

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Today I got an e-mail from a random MMS address I don't know informing me that if I get any of the "mw3 mountain dews" and want to give whoever this is the code, he/she/it will "love me forever."

Having absolutely no interest in MW3, I wasn't even aware that they had dews. But since I do drink the dews on a regular basis, I will have to keep an eye open. The prospect of winning the everlasting devotion of 10randomdigits@mms.AT&T.net is not something to be taken lightly.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    Adam CasalinoAdam Casalino New York (in my heart)Registered User regular
    NEVER go with "ship express."

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Langly wrote:

You don't even have to have Prime. Amazon offers "day of release delivery" so they can compete on game launches.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote:
    Today I got an e-mail from a random MMS address I don't know informing me that if I get any of the "mw3 mountain dews" and want to give whoever this is the code, he/she/it will "love me forever."

Having absolutely no interest in MW3, I wasn't even aware that they had dews.

I am sorry to say that I have, several times now, ignored the Dr. Pepper I would normally drink in order to grab a Mountain Dew for those bonus ex-pees.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »

Yes, my Prime account has earned a place of honor in my household.

EyQGd.jpg
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    The funny thing to me is that Erika has done same-day shipping from Amazon for things she wants.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    Needs more squealing like a pig.

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote:
    Langly wrote:

You don't even have to have Prime. Amazon offers "day of release delivery" so they can compete on game launches.

Release day shipping is awesome, $1 for overnight delivery.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote:
    Gaslight wrote:

Having absolutely no interest in MW3, I wasn't even aware that they had dews.

I am sorry to say that I have, several times now, ignored the Dr. Pepper I would normally drink in order to grab a Mountain Dew for those bonus ex-pees.
    I don't know if any amount of XP would get me to drink Mountain Dew over Dr Pepper.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I've never seen overnight as a rip-off. It's merely something I can't leisurely afford.

• Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    The best shipping is no shipping, because you live 5 minutes away from the warehouse and can go pick it up yourself if you have the order number.

• Options
    HewnHewn Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote:
    I've never seen overnight as a rip-off. It's merely something I can't leisurely afford.

If anything, it's kind of a bargain. How much would you have to be paid to delivery something 1,000 miles away within 24 hours? First off, we have gas expenses. Then food. And time for our effort. If you added all that up, it would be at least triple what you pay a shipping service.

Luckily they consolidate millions of shipments and pass the savings onto us.

Steam: hewn
    Warframe: TheBaconDwarf
  • Options
    AurichAurich ArizonaRegistered User regular
    Hewn wrote:
    Henroid wrote:

If anything, it's kind of a bargain. How much would you have to be paid to delivery something 1,000 miles away within 24 hours? First off, we have gas expenses. Then food. And time for our effort. If you added all that up, it would be at least triple what you pay a shipping service.

Luckily they consolidate millions of shipments and pass the savings onto us.

I dunno man. I can easily imagine some dudes out there who would do all that for free to get MW3 (or what have ye) early.