As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nice place to stay in Seattle for honeymoon

Nerd TraumaNerd Trauma Registered User regular
edited April 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
My fiance and I are getting hitched, and we're wanting to visit Seattle (since I can't stop talking about the city since I went to PAX 08), and we're having some trouble finding a place to stay for less than $1000. I figured why not ask people FROM Seattle?

Any suggestions?

Nerd Trauma on

• Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Less than $1k total, or less than $1k for the hotel? And that's not really even helpful without knowing what kind of nightly rate you need. 5 nights? 10? 14?

Just in terms of nice places, I'd look at the Edgewater (more for setting than anything else) which is where I spent my wedding night. If you've ever seen that photo of the Beatles fishing out their window, that was the Edgewqater; it's built out on a pier actually over the sound. There's also the Fairmont Olympic which is absolutely awesome in terms of the hotel itself, more of an older style ritzy hotel, but it isn't as centrally located by the touristy things like Pike Place, downtown attractions, and the Seattle Center.

JihadJesus on
  • Options
    SliderSlider Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Try the Woodmark Hotel. It's in Kirkland, a nice little city, and only about 10 minutes from Seattle.

Slider on
  • Options
    Nerd TraumaNerd Trauma Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    1K for the hotel, and we're trying not to rent a car, so it would have to be in Seattle for 6 nights.

Nerd Trauma on
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Slider wrote: »
    Try the Woodmark Hotel. It's in Kirkland, a nice little city, and only about 10 minutes from Seattle.
    Don't deceive our visitors, man.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Also, the Moore is probably your best bet for a cheaper, located-in-downtown-Seattle hotel ($86 a night for a single queen room). You're within walking distance of all the major downtown tourist spots, one block away from a major bus hub and one-and-a-half blocks away from a transit tunnel entrance. They also have a reasonably-priced suite that fits your budget, as well.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    1K for the hotel, and we're trying not to rent a car, so it would have to be in Seattle for 6 nights.

Alright, so you're talking under $200/night. Neither of the places I mentioned is going to cut it then, I don't think. You might look at Hotel Monaco. It's also right downtown and has a decent ambiance, did Valentine's day there once. I think it was a bit cheaper than the others, I think we paid around...maybe $175 for the night? Don't remember exactly.

JihadJesus on
  • Options
    Matt_SMatt_S Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Do NOT stay at Hotel Max. Cheap? Yeah. Downtown? Yeah. But remember, you do get what you pay for.

Which isn't a whole lot.

Matt_S on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    My wife and I stayed at the Red Lion in downtown Seattle and liked it quite a bit. We reserved in advanced and paid about $130 a night I believe.

Quid on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Makershot wrote: »

Seriously, terrible suggestion.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Druhim wrote:
    Makershot wrote: »

Seriously, terrible suggestion.

Well lesse, if you start at the very north edge of Kirkland and rush up to 522, and there's no traffic, and you speed, and you get all green lights, you could probably make it past lake city in 10 minutes. Which is technically Seattle. :D

Aioua on
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    double!

Aioua on
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
This discussion has been closed.