As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

If It Feels Like a Rehash...

iBrimiBrim Registered User regular
edited June 2007 in Games and Technology
Jeremy Parish over at 1up wrote a nice little preview(http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3160665) on the upcoming Contra 4, giving us tidbits on the levels and design of the game. One thing about the preview really annoyed the hell out of me. Every one of the levels/weapons/enemies in this upcoming "sequel" are described like they were pulled straight from the previous Contra games and were given a DS facelift. Does this bother any of you or am I just bat nuts insane? I'm not ruling out the latter.

BUT ENOUGH TALK!
iBrim on

• Options
    jimenexjimenex Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Although it is not the case...a DS cart containing Contra, Super C and Contra III with updated graphics and Wi-Fi/single-cart multiplayer would rock my world.

jimenex on
    bg.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    jimenex wrote: »
    Although it is not the case...a DS cart containing Contra, Super C and Contra III with updated graphics and Wi-Fi/single-cart multiplayer would rock my world.

Sure, but I'm looking for something more substantial.

iBrim on
    BUT ENOUGH TALK!
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    There's already a Contra IV thread, wherein we learn that most of us are really pumped for this game.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Sorry, but maybe I didn't feel like seeking out a new thread.

iBrim on
    BUT ENOUGH TALK!
  • Options
    Vert1Vert1 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Grappling hook will make it different than the other Contras. Hopefully they'll make it cool like the suspend your character in the air like you could do in the mine level in Gunstar Heroes by tapping jump before you land back on the ceiling/floor.

Vert1 on
    blood_berry_new.jpg
    Sleep wrote: »
    Vert1 wrote: »
    I'd like to ask everyone here one question. What is a game?

A lower form of sex.
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Contra doesn't need two threads.
    It needs IV!

Accualt on
This discussion has been closed.