Options

Lets talk about famous people saying stupid things

nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
edited December 2011 in Social Entropy++
Famous people often think they are smart when they are in fact not. Sometimes they are just plain crazy. For example Dave Mustaine, a famous Metal Musician, has suddenly decided he should get into Politics. The Occupy movement seems to have pulled these guys out of the woodwork. I'm looking at you Miller.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/mustaine_occupy_protesters_need_to_shut_up.html?no_takeover
It's pretty obvious to me that they're trying to get rid of the middle class. It also seems like we're moving more towards a single world currency, and I find that very frightening.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/dave_mustaine_they_take_god_out_of_school_to_dumb_us_down.html
It's pretty clear that they're taking prayer out of school. It's been happening for a very long time," he said. "They're taking God out of the schools to dumb us down.

You can't make this stuff up.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/megadeths_dave_mustaine_claims_he_healed_a_fan_suffering_from_cancer.html

Quire.jpg
nightmarenny on

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    I like the shitty names famous people give to their kids.

broken image link
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular

My best friend's girlfriend named their baby girl Australlia.

No that is not a typo.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I don't think there is anything particularly wrong about hitting a woman--although I don't recommend doing it in the same way that you'd hit a man. An openhanded slap is justified--if all other alternatives fail and there has been plenty of warning. If a woman is a bitch, or hysterical, or bloody-minded continually, then I'd do it. I think a man has to be slightly advanced, ahead of the woman. I really do--by virtue of the way a man is built, if nothing else. But I wouldn't call myself sadistic. I think one of the appeals that Bond has for women, however, is that he is decisive, cruel even. By their nature women aren't decisive--"Shall I wear this? Shall I wear that?"--and along comes a man who is absolutely sure of everything and he's a godsend. And, of course, Bond is never in love with a girl and that helps. He always does what he wants, and women like that. It explains why so many women are crazy about men who don't give a rap for them.

- Sean Connery

There is that old-fashioned casual misogyny where they take their hats off and hold up the doors but of course sometimes a dame needs to be set straight, see.

Absalon on
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Aw man. That really sucks that Sean Connery is a fuckwit :(

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Goatmon wrote:

My best friend's girlfriend named their baby girl Australlia.

No that is not a typo.

My cousin named her first born daughter Ambiance.

Also not a typo. She has 3 other children. I don't want to know what their names are.

• Options
    I've told this story before, but I know a girl named Female, pronounced fee-mah-lay. Her parents are 1st generation Phillipino immigrants and the story goes that her uncle was filling in the birth forms and he got confused because it said Female on her incubator. He ended up putting her intended first name down as her middle name

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Tef wrote:
    I've told this story before, but I know a girl named Female, pronounced fee-mah-lay. Her parents are 1st generation Phillipino immigrants and the story goes that her uncle was filling in the birth forms and he got confused because it said Female on her incubator. He ended up putting her intended first name down as her middle name

Aww that's pretty sweet actually. Though if I were that girl I would be going by my middle name in day-to-day affairs.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    <footage of all republican debates>

• Options
    Butler wrote:
    Tef wrote:

Aww that's pretty sweet actually. Though if I were that girl I would be going by my middle name in day-to-day affairs.

Yeah, I guess she just kind of got used to it and honestly female the way she pronounces it sounds fine. Then again, I've known here for a fair while so maybe I'm just used to it

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I was tempted to post the "Imma let you finish" video, here, but I think this one sticks out more to me, because he's not just saying something really stupid. He's stealing airtime from charity to say something really stupid.

I love how Myers keeps a total straight face throughout Kanye's crap until the last second.

You could tell he just wanted to throttle him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIUzLpO1kxI

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204