As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PS3 can't connect to internet

DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
My ps3 can't connect to the internet. You can hear a pin drop in H/A, and this tech-related, so I thought I would come here.

I have poo-poo DSL because I live in the middle of nowhere. I have an old wireless Dell/Linksys? router attached to the DSL modem. My ps3 is wired to the router. My laptop connects wirelessly. This set-up has worked without a hitch until last night. Last night, my ps3 wouldn't connect. So I did the whole turn everything off, unplug everything, wait five minutes, and turn it back on. That worked.

Tonight, it won't connect. I did all of that stuff. Several times. Over a period of two hours. No luck.

I get error code 80130182, which I guess was a big thing two or three years ago related to some update that came out before I even owned a ps3. What do I do to fix this?

DouglasDanger on

• Options
    GospreyGosprey Registered User regular
    Hopefully someone has a better answer, but mine would be `get an ethernet cable on ebay for cheap, manually connect ps3 to router, and do a system update'

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    He already connects the ps3 to the router via cable, if I'm reading DD's post correctly.

The actual details for that modem/router would be really handy, if you could get them.

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Yes, the ps3 has a wired connection to the router.

The router is a Dell Wireless 2350 Broadband router model WRTA-108GD.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    I did get my ps3 online, by taking the ethernet cable directly from the modem to the ps3. Which means no COD when someone else is using the computer. :( Maybe I get the ps3 to connect wirelessly to the router.